Cadet to Senior Transition Question

Started by CAP.is.1337, July 11, 2010, 06:55:21 PM

CAP.is.1337

I just turned 21 on Thursday, and I am currently in the process of completing my Senior Membership Application. I had believed that on Thursday, my membership would transition to Patron status pending my full Senior membership, but I still show up on eServices as a cadet.

Does it usually take longer to transition or is there some issue I need resolved?
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

a2capt

Maybe Friday's update doesn't run until Monday. I find that depending on the item, the eServices data is anywhere from 0 to 2 days behind, baring maintenance issues.

EMT-83

Someone changed the date of your birthday this year, so you couldn't get the paperwork in on time?

CAP.is.1337

What's the hurry? My membership doesn't expire until 2011, and I was in no hurry to transition, what with Encampment just two weeks before. I have the whole rest of my life to be a Senior, let me enjoy the last moments that I can still be considered anything less than an adult.

Anyways, I just was fingerprinted and the papers were signed Tuesday. I'm going to get them off in the mail tomorrow.
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

Cecil DP

You should have done the paperwork for the transistion a few weeks ago, as it is you're legally not a member until National gets the package, Why has you been sitting on it for a week? BTW as far as "enjoying the last few moments before being considered an adult" You've been an adult since turning 18.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

EMT-83

What's the hurry? Now you can't:

a) Wear the CAP uniform.
b) Ride in or fly CAP aircraft.
c) Participate in CAP activities in any capacity except to attend conferences and social events.
d) Be promoted while in patron status.

Cecil DP

Quote from: EMT-83 on July 11, 2010, 11:37:20 PM
What's the hurry? Now you can't:

a) Wear the CAP uniform.
b) Ride in or fly CAP aircraft.
c) Participate in CAP activities in any capacity except to attend conferences and social events.
d) Be promoted while in patron status.

e) Do anything with CAP until your paperwork is processed which normally takes a week after mailing.

Membership expires when you no longer meet the requirements of membership IE turning 21 as a cadet
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85