Where can I get a hard copy of the Mission Aircrew Reference Text?

Started by indygreg, May 27, 2010, 01:16:23 AM

indygreg

Does one even exist????  I was hoping not to have to use up all of my ink in my printer, but I may not have a choice.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

At 288 pages, it's kinda a bit much for Kinko'$..  that tend to think they are printing on gold lined paper, and are something special - with their pricing being absurd.

The big V doesn't stock this. If you have an account with one of these publish on demand services, maybe a few members might want one.

Probably about $20 to have done one-off.

Eclipse

Duplexed, 2-up, reduces that to 72 pages, still big, but more manageable.

Not really any reason it can't just be read electronically.

"That Others May Zoom"

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

indygreg

Quote from: SJFedor on May 27, 2010, 02:33:05 AM
Go to NESA; you get one there :)

I would love to go to NESA, but all my vacation days have already been spoken for.  Maybe next year.

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MSgt Van

JC004

Ignore Fedor.  He just copies and pastes that same thing.   >:D   ;D

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MSgt Van

I'll check my price at the local Office Max. Normally not to much $. I just had six copies of the NESA Inflight Guide printed in booklet size, spiral bound, plastic cover front and back for around $15.00 per copy.

SJFedor

Quote from: MSgt Van on May 27, 2010, 05:29:17 PM
I'll check my price at the local Office Max. Normally not to much $. I just had six copies of the NESA Inflight Guide printed in booklet size, spiral bound, plastic cover front and back for around $15.00 per copy.

That's how I did my IFG, and it cost about that, printed on real nice cardstock.

Get some quotes for printing up the MART, it shouldn't be that ridiculous.

The NESA ones come in a pretty binder and all.
Quote from: davidsinn on May 27, 2010, 10:17:44 AM

Can we buy them from NESA?

Idk, I'll ask when I'm up there, they usually only print up what they need for that year's class, as the MART tends to change and evolve little by little every year.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

indygreg

Checked Office Depot and FedEx, and both were around $30 for double sided with 3-hole punch.  Cheaper to read  from the .pdf, but not as convenient.  Decisions, decisions.......

JC004

Quote from: indygreg on May 27, 2010, 09:10:04 PM
Checked Office Depot and FedEx, and both were around $30 for double sided with 3-hole punch.  Cheaper to read  from the .pdf, but not as convenient.  Decisions, decisions.......

Try online printers?  Will VistaPrint do it?

davidsinn

Quote from: SJFedor on May 27, 2010, 08:52:27 PM
Quote from: MSgt Van on May 27, 2010, 05:29:17 PM

That's how I did my IFG, and it cost about that, printed on real nice cardstock.

Get some quotes for printing up the MART, it shouldn't be that ridiculous.

The NESA ones come in a pretty binder and all.
Quote from: davidsinn on May 27, 2010, 10:17:44 AM

Can we buy them from NESA?

Idk, I'll ask when I'm up there, they usually only print up what they need for that year's class, as the MART tends to change and evolve little by little every year.

Could be a fundraiser?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

brasda91

Quote from: indygreg on May 27, 2010, 01:16:23 AM
Does one even exist????  I was hoping not to have to use up all of my ink in my printer, but I may not have a choice.

I can get you a copy.  It will be 2 pages per 8.5 x 11 sheet, front and back if that's ok.

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: indygreg on May 27, 2010, 09:10:04 PM

PM sent.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

N Harmon

Important thing is when you print it at kinkos or office max, make sure you specify black/white, and color for only those pages which really need it. If you specify color for all, then al of the pages (even the ones without color pictures) will be printed at the higher rate.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron