Main Menu

Photo upload to WMIRS

Started by Robborsari, May 02, 2010, 12:41:09 AM

Robborsari

Anyone have any luck uploading geotagged photos to wmirs?  I remember doing this once with a software geotagged photo and it read the lat long from the EXIF.  Now my wing has a D200 and a D90 that tag the photos but we have to enter the info by hand when uploading to WMIRS. 
Does anyone have any experience in uploading geotagged photos to WMIRS that does not involve hand typing the locations? 
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087

CommGeek

Its never worked...WMIRS sucks!  haha   I dont think they have gotten that far yet.

Eclipse

I have never had any issues uploading photos and other documents to WMIRS.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

WMIRS might not be able to read the metadata.  Are you using the GP-1 to acquire the GPS location?

Robborsari

Quote from: JC004 on May 02, 2010, 05:25:46 AM
WMIRS might not be able to read the metadata.  Are you using the GP-1 to acquire the GPS location?

I don't have them here so I am not sure.  The D200 has a box that plugs into the front of the camera and has a serial port on it.  The D90 has a small GPS that mounts on the camera and plugs into a dedicated port on the side.

I can see that the coordinates are in the exif.  We sent some through SDIS (lan not satelite) and they did not read either.

I could swear it worked for me once ;)  Maybe I typed it in and just forget.
SER-TN-087

Robborsari

mystery solved.  It did work before.  They fixed it and it works again!  Used it a lot this week in TN.   :clap:
SER-TN-087