Main Menu

Army Unit Awards

Started by hatentx, April 16, 2010, 05:36:06 PM

hatentx

Ok so now that I am back I have some question about a a Unit Citation I recieved reciently.  I understand the placement and all for the MUC but my question is with it having the Gold frame around the ribbon it doesnt really fit well on the ribbon rack.  Anyone got a suggestion.

Also I was wondering on the Service uniform I was wondering the buttons are the suppose to be the dull buttons or the highly polished one, the Staybrite is what we call them in the Army. 

Thanks for the help ya'll

lordmonar

Well there are two ways of going.

One...you can just jam it on there and hope for the best.

Two...you can cut off the frame face and glue it to the ribbon.

I don't know if you can buy just the frame face from V-Guard but I know the ultra-thin ribbon type places either make them or buy them from someplace.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Cecil DP

There are two sizes of frame. Buy the thinner frame (AF type) and use that instead. The Unit citation will slide on, the same as your other ribbons.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

hatentx

ah well right now I have it jammed on there and I dont like how it is pushing against the other ribbons and causing that row of ribbons to not sit flush with the rest of the ribbon rack.  I guess it just looks funny being that it is kinda covering up the ribbon under it as well.  It looks like the stars from my ICM are part of the frame.  I might try the glue thing so it doesnt press so far unless anyone else has any better ideas

MIKE

Mike Johnston

hatentx

Awesome Mike thanks I didnt know there was a differece in the frames I just have the one that comes with the Army MUC.  I will have to look for it when I head to MCS this weekend.

PHall

And don't polish those buttons. They're supposed to be "oxidized".

jimmydeanno

Quote from: hatentx on April 16, 2010, 09:55:53 PM
Awesome Mike thanks I didnt know there was a differece in the frames I just have the one that comes with the Army MUC.  I will have to look for it when I head to MCS this weekend.

Just don't MUC(k) it up :P

Sorry, just had to...

I'll shut up now.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

hatentx

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 17, 2010, 04:28:43 AM
Quote from: hatentx on April 16, 2010, 09:55:53 PM

Just don't MUC(k) it up :P

Sorry, just had to...

I'll shut up now.

haha I am sure I will but thanks for the warning. lol

OldSalt

Here's the link to Vanguard's Air Force version of the Army MUC:

http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_531_1002&products_id=9499

I think you can get all of the various framed unit awards in "Air Force" size.