Georgia Wing Conference After-Action Report

Started by ColonelJack, April 12, 2010, 12:33:24 AM

ColonelJack

The 2010 Georgia Wing Conference is history. 

I got the chance to spend some time with two great CAPTalkers -- Lt. Col. Harry Siegrist (great, great guy!) and Maj. Jim Shaw (fantastic fellow).  In fact, Jim was the keynote speaker at the banquet and gave a great talk on CAP's history.  I even won one of the Medal of Valor Association challenge coins he was giving away!

But the best part of the banquet was the dance afterward ... and I will soon be posting photos of Jim doing the twist with a lovely young officer from my squadron, Lt. Kacey Smith.  I didn't know Jim could move like that ... I'd have twisted a hip out of joint or something!

The great news from the awards banquet was the fact that my unit, GA-153, won Squadron of the Year ... our CC, Maj. Brion Gluck, won Senior Member of the Year ... his son, C/LtCol Julian Gluck, won Cadet of the Year ... and our DCC, Capt. John Burgess, won the Frank Brewer Memorial Aerospace Award.  We skunked 'em!

Great job, GA-153!  Great job on the speech (and the dancing), Jim!  Great to meet you, Harry!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

James Shaw

I had a great time. I was able to spend time with great people like Jack Bagley, Richard Greenwood, and the beautiful Kasey Smith. She was a fantastic dance partner.

I am glad that my fellow members enjoyed my presentation. I had alot of people come up to me afterwords and thank me and had alot to offer and questions. Colonel Boylan and the rest of the GAWG staff did a great job. The SER Commander Colonel Rushing gave me one of his numbered challenge coins and really liked the presentation. I hope I get the chance to do it again someday. I would like to start visiting some of the squadrons. Maybe my first visit should be LaGrange since Jack is such a nice person.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

ColonelJack

You'd be more than welcome, Jim.  Even if you really want to come see Kacey, not me.   ;)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia