looking for suggestions on CPPT

Started by Big_Ed, April 06, 2010, 05:46:10 PM

Big_Ed

Good Afternoon,

Tomorrow evening we'll be holding our spring parent meeting.  We go over the spring / summer calendar etc.  Some time is always set aside to review the CPPT with the parents of our cadets.

Does anyone have a "canned" briefing, geared towards cadets' parents?

Thanks 
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

Nathan

Just use the RST slideshow.

"He could be yawning."  ;D

Seriously, though, I thought I saw something on National's site. I'll take a look...
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Big_Ed

Thanks,

I sometimes think the parent's attention span is shorter that the cadet's.  ;)
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

EMT-83

OBC had a couple of good examples for CPPT. I don't have the link handy on my phone.

jimmydeanno

Whenever I talk about CPPT with the parents of our cadets, I DO NOT talk about it as though it were a briefing for a new senior member.  It usually consists of me telling them that we're committed to preventing abuse and other bad things from happening to their cadet.  We ensure that all of our adult volunteers are screened by the FBI.  We don't abuse your child and we don't do PT as a form of punishment.  Overall, we make sure that they are safe while they are here.

Just normal conversation that doesn't sound like you're reading some sort of policy, which often doesn't come across as genuine.  YMMV.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 07, 2010, 03:37:08 AM
Whenever I talk about CPPT with the parents of our cadets, I DO NOT talk about it as though it were a briefing for a new senior member.  It usually consists of me telling them that we're committed to preventing abuse and other bad things from happening to their cadet.  We ensure that all of our adult volunteers are screened by the FBI.  We don't abuse your child and we don't do PT as a form of punishment.  Overall, we make sure that they are safe while they are here.

Just normal conversation that doesn't sound like you're reading some sort of policy, which often doesn't come across as genuine.  YMMV.

+1 - That's all they really need to know - and maybe the reporting procedures if they are really concerned - if they are involved in summer activities, they will likely have to do RST, anyway, perhaps more than once.

"That Others May Zoom"