Main Menu

Uniform Committee

Started by Fuzzy, March 09, 2010, 01:45:19 PM

Fuzzy

Last I heard, Lt Col White was heading up a uniform committee that was looking into the issues with CAPM 39-1. Among other things I believe he was working on the details on CAP's wear of the ABU. Or at least he was taking members input on the issue.

What ever happened with this? Is it still ongoing?

The thread:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3540.0\

C/Capt Semko

davidsinn

Quote from: Fuzzy on March 09, 2010, 01:45:19 PM
Last I heard, Lt Col White was heading up a uniform committee that was looking into the issues with CAPM 39-1. Among other things I believe he was working on the details on CAP's wear of the ABU. Or at least he was taking members input on the issue.

What ever happened with this? Is it still ongoing?

The thread:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3540.0\

Lt. Col. White is no longer a member. The uniform committee has been reborn a few times since then.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

FW

The National Board just created a new Uniform Committee. Members are being selected by each region commander and the national commander.  All uniform issues will be handled by this committee.  However, there is a moratorium on major uniform changes until 2012.

Fuzzy

How does someone go from being on our national committee to not being a member?

I know some had called for a moratorium on uniform changes. So I know theres probably a lot of agreement with that move. But I personally wish they had done it after a new 39-1. Right now were stuck with that abomination until 2012.

Though I guess they could rewrite it without actually making major changes.
C/Capt Semko

Eclipse

Quote from: Fuzzy on March 09, 2010, 04:20:18 PM
I know some had called for a moratorium on uniform changes. So I know theres probably a lot of agreement with that move. But I personally wish they had done it after a new 39-1. Right now were stuck with that abomination until 2012.

There's no moratorium on updating the uniform regulations, nor any reason they shouldn't.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

He did a "Very Bad Thing"(TM). Let's just say that the guy that went from CC/CAP to non-member didn't do anything near what White did.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Gunner C

Holy cow!  That's hard to imagine.

davidsinn

Quote from: davidsinn on March 09, 2010, 05:00:11 PM

He did a "Very Bad Thing"(TM). Let's just say that the guy that went from CC/CAP to non-member didn't do anything near what White did.

I should emphasize that it was not politics that did him in. I'm glad he's gone considering what he did... :o
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Flying Pig

I still say we wear miniature metal officer rank pinned to the collars of our blues.  Like the Marines do.  No other Service wears blue with metal rank on their collar.  Ive tried it......looks sharp I think! (not in public) Can I be on the uniform committee now?