Main Menu

Favorite Weapons

Started by RogueLeader, July 10, 2007, 05:08:37 PM

stillamarine

I'm slightly intrigued in a Private Security Company serving Search and Arrest Warrants in the first place, but I digress.

I am slightly partial to my Walther P-99 .40 S&W.  Unfortunately since my immigration to FL I've learned that Security can only carry .38 and 9mm. So I'm currently looking at the Springfield XD (already fired one like it a lot) and the S&W M&P. Who knows.

I've also qualified with the Remington 870 but don't use it often.

Shot the MP5 and M16/M4 most of my career in the Marine Corps. Both great weapon systems. 

But I think I will agree with most here, Favorite pistol, M1911, specifically the MEU(SOC) Variant.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Eclipse

Quote from: Skyray on July 12, 2007, 03:02:50 PM
I pulled a couple of tours as a Marine Corps legal officer back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  Even back then there was the philosophy that a weapon should have a round chambered and the safety off so it would be readily available in an emergency.

Every year I did one or two investigations on self inflicted gunshot wounds.

enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-yT5NC4cPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35yQg_C-reI&NR=1

//

"That Others May Zoom"

Sgt. Savage

I gotta ask, is it an old war movie thing? What's the deal with the 1911 thing? The basic model is nearly a century old. Aside from a $1,100 Wilson Combat or Les Baer, I've never shot one that I considered to be a great gun. Considering the advances in machining and design that we've seen since the advent of the 1911, I just can't see sticking with a low capacity platform when there are so many other options. What am I missing?

Flying Pig

I love th 1911, I own one, and shoot very well with it.  However, I do also enjoy having 16 rounds in my pistol.

My department issues the S&W TSW .45 which is a 9 round capacity.  And unfortunatley, we dont have a choice in what we carry.  So instad of carrying 3 mags and 46 rounds, I have to carry 5 stainless steel mags to get 46 rounds, which is what I do.  We are also ONLY allowed to carry the S&W CS45 off duty as well. 

Viper QA

Hello All,

I am a daily reader of CAP Talk, but this is my first post. I am a long time CAP member having just passed my 20th anniversary as a member.

My carry weapon of choice is either my Beretta 8357 (.357 SIG) or my Glock 23 (.40 S&W). My favorite pistol is my Beretta 92F (9mm), but that is too large to conceal carry easily, in my opinion.

I have attached a picture (hopefully) of my newest toy. It is Bushmaster's model of the M4A3. I added an aluminum CAA 4-rail handguard, Tango Down grips (fore, aft, rail), a 7in ACE skeleton stock, AIMPOINT COMP 2 scope w/ mount, & a BEAMSHOT laser. I sent the handguards, stock, & a magazine to a company called Ko-Tonics in NC to get painted OD (to match the grips) w/ CeraKote. I am very pleased with how it all came together, but now I can't bring myself to shoot it...it's too pretty!

[attachment deleted by admin]
J.J. Jones
NY-135

Stonewall

Action photos:

Throwing lead down range from my M4:

Transitioned to the Sig Sauer P229R DAK .357 Sig.

Oh yeah, I haven't seen this pic in a while.  Had a "shorty" upper as an option for motorcade operations.  Don't have it anymore, but it certainly made things easier when riding in the rear seat as a "window licker".
Serving since 1987.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on July 12, 2007, 07:04:50 PM
I gotta ask, is it an old war movie thing? What's the deal with the 1911 thing? The basic model is nearly a century old. Aside from a $1,100 Wilson Combat or Les Baer, I've never shot one that I considered to be a great gun. Considering the advances in machining and design that we've seen since the advent of the 1911, I just can't see sticking with a low capacity platform when there are so many other options. What am I missing?

Somebody get me some kindling and a stake... here's another heretic that needs burning!

The M-1911 has its deficiencies, not the least of which is its lack of a double-action feature.  But I have carried one in defense of the United States (and mostly in defense of me) since I was just a little soldier.  The weapon fits my hand like a glove, and its one of the few that one can snap-shoot fast and instinctively with great accuracy.  Plus it has a satisfying bang and recoil, and for the Communist/Terrorist/Criminal/Other Miscreant (Specify)___, one hit anywhere from a .45 will bring abut the worst day (and usually the last day) of his life.

Firing the M-1911 after shooting some Sig Sauer or such is like coming back to an old girlfriend, and wondering why you ever left her.
Another former CAP officer

Ned

Interesting note:

In 1992, I was a NG MP Company commander, and traditionally carried the .45 with the admin number #1.

Which was a venerable WWII era weapon.  It bore markings indicating that it was made by the Singer Sewing Machine Company, which had a contract with Uncle Sugar during the war.

It was the sweetest shooting thing Uncle Sam ever loaned to me.  When we were activated during the LA Riots, we were stationed at the LAPD Academy, and the rangemasters there kept drooling over the weapon.  They told me it was worth upwards of $5k in its condition.

Of course, not long after that, we converted to Berettas and had to turn in our .45s.

I'm sure that weapon is a fish reef somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico now.   :'(

wingnut

You Guys are need to get a grip, I mean it, what in sams H*$## are you even worried or discussing weapons in CAP, we are not cops, military police or "Storm troopers", we are an emergency Service outfit the USAF Auxiliary of the USAF, not Green Beret, or USMC snipers, guys if you need a weapon use this 

Stonewall

Quote from: wingnut on July 13, 2007, 09:08:58 AM
You Guys are need to get a grip, I mean it, what in sams H*$## are you even worried or discussing weapons in CAP, we are not cops, military police or "Storm troopers", we are an emergency Service outfit the USAF Auxiliary of the USAF, not Green Beret, or USMC snipers, guys if you need a weapon use this 

Actually, many of us are those things you list above.  I for one am two; Police and Military Police (USAF Secutiry Police in the Nat'l Guard).  It's about CAP volunteers that have full-time jobs that form a commonality.

Serving since 1987.

JohnKachenmeister

Actually, Wingnut, CAP duty is the only time I am not armed.  I am a retired policeman, and I have been carrying a sidearm 24/7 since I was 22.

RogueLeader

I prefer hands-on, that is a loooonnnggg distance one.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Flying Pig

What?????

Thats why its posted in the "Lobby".  None of what we are talking about, in any of the posts, has been related to CAP.  In fact, there are many posts on this site that have nothing to do with CAP, other than the members here are CAP.  I am in Law Enforcement and spent 8 years in the military.  Also, I am armed 24/7 as a result of that.  Guns are a huge part of my life.  Many of us here are law enforcement or military or retired and have things in common outside of CAP that we discuss here.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Flying Pig on July 13, 2007, 05:06:50 PM
What?????

Thats why its posted in the "Lobby".  None of what we are talking about, in any of the posts, has been related to CAP.  In fact, there are many posts on this site that have nothing to do with CAP, other than the members here are CAP.  I am in Law Enforcement and spent 8 years in the military.  Also, I am armed 24/7 as a result of that.  Guns are a huge part of my life.  Many of us here are law enforcement or military or retired and have things in common outside of CAP that we discuss here.

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails; that's what little boys are made of.

Men, on the other hand, are made from testosterone, alcohol, gunpowder, and gasoline.

Real men substitute 100 LL or Jet Fuel for the gasoline.  All other ingredients remain equal.

DHollywood

I'm not an LEO but thanks to the forsight of the writers of the US Constitution and the correct political environment here in Arizona I carry concealed 24/7 - excpet when I'm on CAP duty of course.  I don't try to be a cop but I have no problem defending my own... 
account deleted by member

MajorChuck

Cant get a pic to load >:(
Maj.Chuck Cook
Commander
Blue Water Composite Squadron GLR-MI-011
GLR/DCS

JC004

Accessories for the day.   :)

bricktonfire

the mp-5 a3
the M1911a1