Unknown Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Jaison009, April 15, 2013, 07:40:59 PM

Rick-DEL

Very sad. I'm checking in with my brother who works in Boston, not too far from Copley Square. Minimal information on the news thus far as to the cause, which will take time to learn. Especially if terrorist related.

I'm also getting feeds from a Boston station - http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

My wife has a sister in Boston, and her partner at work was there to run the marathon today...she's checking, and I'm praying for their safety.

Rick-DEL

Quote from: JeffDG on April 15, 2013, 07:51:57 PM
My wife has a sister in Boston, and her partner at work was there to run the marathon today...she's checking, and I'm praying for their safety.

They can check with the Red Cross - http://redcross.org/safeandwell

People are encouraged to register that they are safe and for others to search for loved one.

Eclipse

[darn], some pretty graphic photos on Jackie Bruno's Twitter feed.

People clearly traumatically injured.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

We have the news feed up here at work and this definately a dark day.

Rick-DEL

www.baa.org

You can search for runners here.

Also just heard Washington DC is on heightened security.

Jaison009

Prayers for you guys.
Quote from: Rick-DEL on April 15, 2013, 07:47:20 PM
Very sad. I'm checking in with my brother who works in Boston, not too far from Copley Square. Minimal information on the news thus far as to the cause, which will take time to learn. Especially if terrorist related.

I'm also getting feeds from a Boston station - http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

Jaison009

Prayers for you guys.

Jaison009

Thanks for letting everyone know about SWL. It is highly useful to mitigate communication lockup and easy to use.

Quote from: Rick-DEL on April 15, 2013, 07:54:50 PM

They can check with the Red Cross - http://redcross.org/safeandwell

People are encouraged to register that they are safe and for others to search for loved one.

JayT

Word is two black tags and numerous casualties. God Bless the brothers at Boston EMS.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

c172drv

One thing to note is that they are apparently shutting down cell phone communications.  As an organization that would need to continue to operate it is important to keep up our communications capabilities.  This also highlights that we should work to make sure all of our personnel that are capable of providing first aid for traumatic injuries.  Though we aren't first responders we can and should be able to step in and support our fellow citizens.

John
John Jester
VAWG

abdsp51

Looks like their EM plan is working out for them. 

Rick-DEL

SWAT teams discovered 3 more devices and are dismatling.

JeffDG

AP is reporting they've found two additional explosive devices and are dismantling them.

This is casus beli, not an accident.

abdsp51

Rick-DEL

Absolutely sickening !!!

FAA issuing a TFR in the region, hotels evacuating, etc.

My prayers to the victims and their families.

JeffDG

To our Brothers and Sisters in MAWG, I think I speak for everyone else across the country, our thoughts and prayers are with you, and if you need us, we'll saddle up and be there standing shoulder-to-shoulder with you.

Woodsy

Quote from: c172drv on April 15, 2013, 08:30:22 PM
One thing to note is that they are apparently shutting down cell phone communications.  As an organization that would need to continue to operate it is important to keep up our communications capabilities.  This also highlights that we should work to make sure all of our personnel that are capable of providing first aid for traumatic injuries.  Though we aren't first responders we can and should be able to step in and support our fellow citizens.

John
With the cell phones "turned off" would GETS still work?  Or are the towers simply shut down completely?