Looking for a system to make an Organizational Chart for Chain of Command.

Started by exFlight Officer, January 22, 2010, 08:11:10 PM

exFlight Officer

I am looking for a good computer system that could make an organizational chart for my squadron's Chain of Command. I have tried Excel but with no luck. Any recommendations? I know there are a few systems out there. I would be willing to pay for this system if necessary.

Eclipse

Powerpoint in Office, or Impress in Open Office (Free).

Excel, however, makes it simple - there are templates on the MS Office site that let you enter names in excel and
create from there.

The spreadsheet is a basic "He reports to her" format.

Can't get much easier than that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Bobble

If you are using MS Office 2003, use the 'Help" function, and search for 'Organization Chart'. It should give you instructions for getting to and using MS Organizational Chart 2.0.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

N Harmon

Try Google Documents: http://docs.google.com

Create a blank document, then go to "Insert" -> "Drawing"

You can then share the document with other people in the squadron if you so desire.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

EMT-83

I've got an Excel template that I can send you. I'll PM when I get home.

Al Sayre

Visio works the best of MS Office products but you have to buy it separately, and it isn't cheap.  MS Word also has the capability, and most folks have a copy.  Just use the flowchart symbols and boxes.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

EMT-83

If anyone needs an Excel version, I have one already formated. Just fill in the boxes and drag them around.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spurs

EMT-83 will you please email me your template of the organizational chart to traceymellard@yahoo.com. Thank you so much.