Recruiting Credit for Former Members

Started by DBlair, January 12, 2010, 06:26:56 PM

DBlair

This has come up several times lately and I can't seem to find information as to this situation.

If someone recruits a former (few/several years ago) CAP member who once again joins CAP, does that person get credit for recruiting them, applicable to the Recruiter Ribbon?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Cecil DP

The credit goes to the person who was responsible for his coming back. and the new/rejoining member is the one who designates it on his membership form(CAPF 12 or 15) under the block "Member who was most responsible for your joining"
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

MIKE

Part of me thinks that is kind of sketchy since they are a re-up, and not a new member.  More than one person, or even the same member could conceivably be credited multiple times for the same individual.  JMHO.
Mike Johnston

Cecil DP

I believe that if the new member has been gone for several years as indicated in the question, it should be treated as if it were a new membership. If it's been less than two years and the member can bridge the time than it should be treated as a renewal.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Flying Pig

If you recruited them back, then you get the credit.  heck.....I think you should get double credit.  Because if they left once, you had to convince them CAP was worth REJOINING.  I have a couple people in my unit who left CAP because of negative issues.  The people who convinced them CAP was worth rejoining had their work cut out for them.