Are ear piercings allowed?

Started by Ajczdabomb, January 11, 2010, 02:27:00 AM

lordmonar

Tattoos and piercings are a fashion statement.

And just like the baggy pants, or the skinny jeans, or the MC Hammer pants of old....not everyone is going to understand or accept other people's ideas of fashion.

I don't want to go around pointing out to specific examples and then challening others to defend what they perceive is right or wrong about fashion.  You are just going to start a flame war.

I don't have peircings...I think they are pretty silly....but I think Country and Western music is silly too. 

Bottom line.  In CAP and the military peircings are not allowed in uniform at all.  Some services don't like them out of uniform either.

You have to keep in mind the values of those who are in a position to judge you and that the military and CAP often uses a "whole person" concept.....that is your conduct on and off duty reflect on your military and/or CAP potential.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

AirAux

Patrick,

I think you may have miss stated when you said, "Bottom line.  In CAP and the military peircings are not allowed in uniform at all.  Some services don't like them out of uniform either."  CAP does not have any regulations regarding piercings that I can find.  True, men/boys cannot wear earrings while in uniform, however, there is nothing forbidding piercings.  These broad general statements that are not true may keep a youngster with piercings from joining CAP.  If I am wrong, please post the Reg you are citing from.  If not, please retract your statement.  Thank you..   

Smokey

Personally,

Those with gaping holes in their earlobes, are not that different from those with gaping holes in the other portion of their heads >:D
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.