Main Menu

Lying, cheating, etc.

Started by AirAux, November 02, 2009, 04:46:03 PM

lordmonar

That is true.....you don't "have to" disclose.....but they don't "have to" grant you a clearance either.

On that note....anyone who has an expunged/sealed record and you are applying for a security clearance......nothing you may have done is worse than NOT reporting it on an SF 86.  They will forgive a whole lot of things but not anyone trying to hide something you can be blackmailed for.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Flying Pig

When you apply to Law Enforcement, there is no such thing as sealed or expunged ANYTHING.  In CA, anyone who has been convicted of a felony can never be a police officer absent a full pardon.  Even is that felony was later reduced to a misdemeanor or infraction.  With pardons,  you have to disclose you recieved a pardon. 
Ive seen trainees let go from the academy because some lockerroom attorney told them "its like it never happened."

AirAux

I think, from the gist of Ned's response that the consensus is that a juvenile doesn't commit felonies or misdemeanors so I am not sure how your reply fits into the scheme of things??

lordmonar

Quote from: AirAux on November 03, 2009, 10:08:00 PM
I think, from the gist of Ned's response that the consensus is that a juvenile doesn't commit felonies or misdemeanors so I am not sure how your reply fits into the scheme of things??
In California....in other states it may be different. 

The answer is that if in doubt contact your wing legal or national legal officers for guidance...that's what they are there for.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP