Getting on base with temporary ID Card.

Started by Smoothice, November 02, 2009, 04:01:04 PM

Smoothice

Hello.
Near my home is an AFB. I would like to go on base and check out the MCSS. Problem is, I am new member and Still have not yet received my ID Card. Will I be able to get on base with the temp card? How much longer will I have to wait for the card?

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Smoothice on November 02, 2009, 04:01:04 PM
Hello.
Near my home is an AFB. I would like to go on base and check out the MCSS. Problem is, I am new member and Still have not yet received my ID Card. Will I be able to get on base with the temp card? How much longer will I have to wait for the card?

It depends on the installation.  Your best bet is to call their visitor's center and find out before hand.  More than likely you will be able to, but will need to get a visitor's pass.

Your permanent one will come in about 1-2 weeks.

Also, when you say "temporary" do you mean the hard plastic one that says, "temporary" or do you mean the "print off your computer" type?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Smoothice

I was referring to the one printed out.

I ordered the one with my picture weeks ago. I think HQ was having some issues if I remember correctly.

Eclipse

Personally, its not something I would try.

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Ditto.  I'd wait until you have your "permanent" membership card.  Showing up at the gate with just a printout is asking for trouble.
Mike Johnston

Al Sayre

If you really really have to go for uniform items, I'd recommend you call the MCSS and tell them the situation.  If they are willing to sponsor you on, then it shouldn't be a problem, but even if you get on without their help, if you don't call them first, there is no guarantee that they will sell you anything with the temporary ID card.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

lordmonar

Getting on base with any CAP ID card can be a problem.

In your situation I would contact someone who is in a unit near the base and see if they can't walk you through the process.

MCSS will NOT sponsore anyone on base....they can't.  But if you contact the base visitor center and talk to them they my have a CAP Point of Contact who can help you out.  Here on Nellis we have several people who respond to CAP members stuck at the gate.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP