Boots for FlightSuit

Started by Smoothice, October 16, 2009, 01:39:31 PM

Smoothice

What Boots are OK to wear with the Green flightsuits? Combat or Jungle....or, does it not matter

Thanks!

Eclipse

Doesn't matter - black. (With the caveat of a wing that has an approved supplement requiring "x")

"That Others May Zoom"

Airrace

CAPM 39-1 authorizes any style plain black shoe or boot to be worn with the CAP Flight Suit and AF style flight suit. Wings or regions may have added some specific requirements for footwear because of unique conditions or circumstances.

vento

Jungle boots are not acceptable in California. CAWG used to require us to wear ALL leather boots only, but then there was a supplement reg allowing other boots except Nylon (most jungle boots use Nylon).

The above mentioned supplement is now being revised and I don't know what will be allowed after the revision.

It's confusing. I know. I am from California.  >:D

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: vento on October 16, 2009, 03:49:29 PM
Jungle boots are not acceptable in California. CAWG used to require us to wear ALL leather boots only, but then there was a supplement reg allowing other boots except Nylon (most jungle boots use Nylon).

The above mentioned supplement is now being revised and I don't know what will be allowed after the revision.

It's confusing. I know. I am from California.  >:D

/minor thread derail

Any clue as to when the new CAWG 39-1 suppliment will be published?   ???

bosshawk

Take a deep breath, hold it and then wait until you turn blue.  That is about the time that CAWG will do a 39-1 supplement.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

a2capt

Quote from: bosshawk on October 17, 2009, 06:44:07 AM
Take a deep breath, hold it and then wait until you turn blue.  That is about the time that CAWG will do a 39-1 supplement.

At least .. by then, we'll match the uniform we're likely to get.

bosshawk

Back on subject: I wear Tankers Boots when I wear a flight suit.  They are incredibly comfortable and shine like crazy(not that I shine them very often).  Some people give me grief because they don't lace up, but rather have a continuous strap that goes around the boot twice and into a buckle.  Getting into them and out of them is easily two or three times as fast as laces, so I ignore the complainers.  I bought mine at U.S. Cavalry.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

AlphaSigOU

Here's an excerpt from my flight dress uniform wearing guide:

QuoteWHAT IS CONSIDERED A 'FLIGHT BOOT'?

To be considered a flight boot, boots must be made of all-leather uppers that come above the ankles (the higher the better) and must be constructed so that metal parts, such as shoestring eyes or zippers, do not contact the wearer's skin. Non-leather boots must be flight approved in accordance with U.S. military standards for aviation use.

The Air Force now allows the wear of green ABU-style suede flight boots with the green bag (and brown desert flight boots with the tan bag), but that does NOT apply to the CAP AF-style bag. Only naval aviators and aircrew who are officers and CPOs wear brown leather boots with their bags.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Hawk200

Quote from: bosshawk on October 17, 2009, 05:06:19 PM
Back on subject: I wear Tankers Boots when I wear a flight suit.  They are incredibly comfortable and shine like crazy(not that I shine them very often).  Some people give me grief because they don't lace up, but rather have a continuous strap that goes around the boot twice and into a buckle.  Getting into them and out of them is easily two or three times as fast as laces, so I ignore the complainers.  I bought mine at U.S. Cavalry.

I used to have a set of those. I loved them. I need another set.

SaBeR33

Belleville Boots makes USAF flight approved boots in black with fabric sides or all leather sides.

http://belleville-boots.com/flight.htm

PHall

Quote from: SaBeR33 on October 18, 2009, 03:46:00 PM
Belleville Boots makes USAF flight approved boots in black with fabric sides or all leather sides.

I recommend these big time!  They're very comfortable, have about a 30 second break-in period, have a good sole pattern so you won't slip on ice and snow and are approved for wear in a chemical environment.

jb512

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on October 17, 2009, 06:29:09 PM
Here's an excerpt from my flight dress uniform wearing guide:

QuoteWHAT IS CONSIDERED A 'FLIGHT BOOT'?

To be considered a flight boot, boots must be made of all-leather uppers that come above the ankles (the higher the better) and must be constructed so that metal parts, such as shoestring eyes or zippers, do not contact the wearer's skin. Non-leather boots must be flight approved in accordance with U.S. military standards for aviation use.

The Air Force now allows the wear of green ABU-style suede flight boots with the green bag (and brown desert flight boots with the tan bag), but that does NOT apply to the CAP AF-style bag. Only naval aviators and aircrew who are officers and CPOs wear brown leather boots with their bags.

Hel... Heck yeah.  I love my hush-puppies and tan t-shirt under the bag.  Comfortable and nothing to shine after a plane ride.

I hate how far behind the times CAP is in all things military.  If the AF approves something, CAP shouldn't have to be this far back.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: PHall on October 18, 2009, 03:56:01 PM
Quote from: SaBeR33 on October 18, 2009, 03:46:00 PM

I recommend these big time!  They're very comfortable, have about a 30 second break-in period, have a good sole pattern so you won't slip on ice and snow and are approved for wear in a chemical environment.

I have had the Belleville 770's for nine months now and they have been the best flight boots that I have ever worn.  How I wish I had them when I flying cadets in fabric covered gliders on cold Ontario weekends.