Main Menu

Polo combinations

Started by Smoothice, October 15, 2009, 04:56:54 PM

Smoothice

Regarding the blue polo shirt, what kind of "khakis" can you wear with them? Do they have to be dark blue? Can they be the plain old tan??

I was also reading the height/weight chart in 39-1 and I just want to make sure I read it right....at 6 ft 2 and 237LBS that makes me ok...right???

Flying Pig

You wear grey slacks with the polo.  Not khakis. I wear grey Dockers brand.

Smoothice

ah...thank you for the clarification.

AlphaSigOU

There are no weight or grooming restrictions with the polo shirt combination. Trousers must be gray, pleated or plain front, cuffed or straight leg. Must have a black leather belt with a silver or gold buckle. Dockers are OK, but denim is not.

CAP weight standards apply only to the Air Force style uniforms. It does not apply to the corporate uniform combinations.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Smoothice on October 15, 2009, 04:56:54 PM
I was also reading the height/weight chart in 39-1 and I just want to make sure I read it right....at 6 ft 2 and 237LBS that makes me ok...right???

You are 3 pounds under the maximum weight to wear the Air Force Style uniforms.  So, technically, you are eligible to wear the Air Force Style Blue Uniform and the Woodland Camouflage Uniform (BDU)

Here's the description for the grey pants that go with the golf shirts:

Commercial slacks/trousers in medium gray color, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. Cotton/twill weave trousers are authorized (no jeans).

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Smoothice

3 pounds under, great, that is what I read. I was more looking to make sure I was ok with the BDU's...yay!

Flying Pig

^ Although, I think khaki would look better...

Hawk200

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 15, 2009, 05:17:30 PM^ Although, I think khaki would look better...

Agreed, and khakis are a lot more readily available.

IceNine

http://www.bdu.com/F524350020.html

These are my preferred slacks for the Golf Shirt combination.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

wuzafuzz

Gray Dockers Extreme.  I love them.  The don't have side cargo pockets but do have a small pencil pocket on the right leg seam, below the "normal" front pocket.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

ol'fido

Is there any real reason WHY we have two different golf/polo/(insert your own term here) shirts? We have the embroidered seal on the right side and the iron on on the left side. Is there some dark, deep 39-1 reason we need both? And since we've all but condemned the seal to the history books as far as most public displays are concerned, isn't it time to go to the Majcom/shied/(again insert your own term here) emroidered on the right side to leave room for the name and wings on the left. Also, would it be possible to put it on material that doesn't look like crap after a few launderings.

If this has already been covered elsewhere, please take this post, mix it with flour, eggs, water,sugar and salt, and bake for 30 min at 350. Serve warm.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Nick

I'm right there with you, unless they're keeping the seal on them for throw-back purposes.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

DC

The seal is still an official (and possibly a more 'formal') symbol of CAP, I don't see why we can't have it on the golf shirt, just because it has been replaced on the flight suit.

As for the two shirts, who knows? Someone at NHQ or CAPMart probably got a visit from the Good Idea Fairy a few years back and no one else has thought to get rid of it...

jimmydeanno

I, personally, think that the CAP Command Shield doesn't look right on polo shirts, golf shirts, whatever.  In those situations, I think the CAP seal is more appropriate.  Not only is it more aesthetically pleasing (to me), but has a more normal shape. 

If they put the command shield on them, I'd stop wearing them.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

FW

Quote from: olefido on October 16, 2009, 12:53:27 AM
Is there any real reason WHY we have two different golf/polo/(insert your own term here) shirts? We have the embroidered seal on the right side and the iron on on the left side.

1.  For cost. 
2.  Embroidered shirt seal is on right so name and wings may be embroidered on left.
3.  If seal is changed, I'm going to end up with about 5 very expensive dish rags  >:(

Hawk200

Quote from: FW on October 16, 2009, 12:28:54 PM2.  Embroidered shirt seal is on right so name and wings may be embroidered on left.

The embroidered seal shirt is authorized without name and badges on it. So the silk screened (commonly known as "iron on") seal is rather pointless, and looks cheap.

Spike

Quote from: wuzafuzz on October 15, 2009, 11:44:12 PM
Gray Dockers Extreme.  I love them.  The don't have side cargo pockets but do have a small pencil pocket on the right leg seam, below the "normal" front pocket.

Right On!  I wear the same.  They are comfortable, and look real sharp.  Almost like dress pants, but not really. 

I see the Air Force has the khaki pants/ polo uniform now.  We need to use their model. 

peter rabbit

SER permitted flight crews - under limited circumstances - to wear polo shirt with khaki shorts during the summer months. Other restrictions re: white socks/shoes, but REALLY helped during the high temp/high humidity. Is also much safer as we stay cooler.

AdAstra

FWIW, two years ago IACE changed their travel uniform to khaki trousers and IACE polo shirt. This was by agreement of the various IACEA countries. CAP members wear dark blue polo shirts with the IACE logo. It looks sharp.

And two weeks ago at Maxwell AFB, we saw OTS students wearing khakis and polo shirts. Since it was Saturday, I presume they were "off duty". Again, a sharp-looking combination.
Charles Wiest

Spike

Air Force now has a Polo/ Khaki uniform.  Looks good.

Come On CAP.....get with the freaking program.