Main Menu

I love to fly

Started by flyguy06, September 26, 2009, 10:35:10 PM

flyguy06

I really enjoy flying CAPplanes. I did my annual form 5 yesterday and it was great. Now I just have to get this form 91 out of the way.

I want to fly more in CAP. civilian wisw i want to be a professionsl pilot. I had been looking at the airlines but the pay isnt that great plus nobody is hiring right now. Trying to figure out which direction to take. I have 1000TT and 65 multi. Wontbe able to go to a regional when they do start hiring again unless I have 1500 by then. But how do I get that kind of experience without going broke?

Strick

best of luck and fly safe :)
[darn]atio memoriae

flyguy06

Thrashed

CFI, traffic watch, banner tow, jump plane pilot, pipe line patrol, cargo (single or twin), etc  I did about 1200 hours in one year doing traffic watch and flight instruction.  I know times are tough now, but jobs are out there.  You just have to find them and be willing to move.

Save the triangle thingy

CadetProgramGuy

I'm headed back to flight school (in a couple of years) to get my Commercial finished up.  Then i plan of Jump Planes, possibly CFI work to build time.  I dont want to fly Regionals or Mainline anymore, but i still wanna fly anyways

scooter

And then there is always the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, corporate, U. S. Gov'ment, and some companies that you can fly right seat to build time at little or no pay. Gotta really want to do the last one though. As for airline flying, it is a challenge and fun in the beginning but bit turns into a job real quick. They flying is good, the job part not so much.

Thrashed

Yea, I hate to get paid for flying.  Those Honolulu and Cancun overnights suck too.  ;)

Save the triangle thingy

Airrace

Congradualtions and best of luck in the future.

flynd94

Quote from: Thrash on September 27, 2009, 04:48:49 PM
Yea, I hate to get paid for flying.  Those Honolulu and Cancun overnights suck too.  ;)

I will trade you a Quincy, IL, Dodge City, KS or Garden City, KS overnight anytime.  I thought I would never lorn for the overnights in Lubbock, Amarillo, Shreveport or, even Beaumont.  Let alone the great ones in Mexico or Canada   ;D
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

Thrashed

My "bad" overnights now are Mumbai and New Delhi.  I'd rather be in Lubbock than anywhere in India.

Save the triangle thingy

flyguy06

Quote from: scooter on September 27, 2009, 02:05:30 PM
And then there is always the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, corporate, U. S. Gov'ment, and some companies that you can fly right seat to build time at little or no pay. Gotta really want to do the last one though. As for airline flying, it is a challenge and fun in the beginning but bit turns into a job real quick. They flying is good, the job part not so much.

Too old to fly for the military. That was my original goal but when I was of age they had a vision requirement of 20/20