Another CAP Recruiting Website and URL?

Started by Pylon, September 18, 2009, 03:50:04 AM

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DC

*gag*

Seriously? I thought we already had a recruiting site... I don't see why we have to have 30,000 urls that go to the same [darn] website. Sure, there's nothing wrong with reserving CAP related domains, but that doesn't mean they have to get used.

smitjud

This is an online version of the "Volunteer" magazine.  Not a recruiting site.
JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

RiverAux

Actually, it is a reworking of "CAP News Online" which is where all the relatively minor press releases produced by CAP members across the country have gone to for some time. 

NHQ Public Affairs should be commended for this site.  It is a major improvement over the previous version. 

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spike

OK......CAP STAFFERS!  Enough with websites.  One (maybe 2) site(s) was all we need.

A General site, with access for everyone and the E-Services site.

Lets not complicate things more.

Are you just making up things to show you are "needed"??  That is what is called "busy work", and is a drain on our resources and Tax Dollars.

heliodoc

^^^

YEP

Spending money like a use or lose situation to justify next years dinero

Nick

Would anyone think wrong of me if I was to drop this little linkie on the laps of the CAP website designers and suggest they rethink their site with these ideas in mind?

http://www.usability.gov/

Oh, and this one ... http://www.webcontent.gov/.  I know it's not a government website, but even a government website is better than amateur hour.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

RiverAux

I guess I have found one thing I don't like. 

If you miss a few days and want to check some older news, you have to click the "more" button under each of the three separate sections as apparently the older articles for each section are kept separately rather than together in one combined file. 

Perhaps the "Archives" section that currently gives you a "coming soon" after clicking it, is meant to solve that problem. 

JC004