AHA Certification Patch

Started by BTCS1 C/CC, September 08, 2009, 02:22:50 AM

BTCS1 C/CC

Hi everyone, I just became certified in BLS for the Health Care Provider with AHA, but they did not give the patch for my uniform. Do you know where I can find and buy one.
C/TSgt W

Hill CAP

Quote from: BTCS1 C/CC on September 08, 2009, 02:22:50 AM
Hi everyone, I just became certified in BLS for the Health Care Provider with AHA, but they did not give the patch for my uniform. Do you know where I can find and buy one.

the AHA have CPR Patches however they do not have a BLS Patch.

Justin T. Adkinson FF/EMT
AHA CPR/AED Instructor
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

BTCS1 C/CC

C/TSgt W

Eclipse

For who's uniform?  CAP?  All you are allowed to wear is a CPR patch from the certifying body.  BLS or other is not authorized.

"That Others May Zoom"

BTCS1 C/CC

i understand that, im certefied in cpr aed with AHA so I need it on CAP BDU uniform

thanks
C/TSgt W

Hill CAP

Quote from: BTCS1 C/CC on September 08, 2009, 02:38:11 AM
i understand that, im certefied in cpr aed with AHA so I need it on CAP BDU uniform

thanks

I used to be able to order them on the Instructors website however I do not see them. Let me call my CTC tomorrow and see if we have any or if we have discontinued them.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

DC

Just for the record, just because you are allowed to wear a patch doesn't mean you need to. Everything except your name tape, CAP tape and flag patch is optional.

BTCS1 C/CC

C/TSgt W

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

BTCS1 C/CC

mainly for encampment cuz im applying as med staff, if its available I would like to be able to wear it
C/TSgt W

CadetProgramGuy

Once again I we get the opportunity to launch into another uniform issue.

For this one I agree, there is WAAAAYYYY too much crap on the BDU's.

If our intent is to look like (name your own country)'s generals, then we have accomplished that goal.

We need to minimize the crud, crap, bling-age on our BDU's.  Service dress's are meant to show off your bling.  Not Bdu's

Sorry for the rant.

BTCS1 C/CC

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on September 08, 2009, 04:42:19 AM
Once again I we get the opportunity to launch into another uniform issue.

For this one I agree, there is WAAAAYYYY too much crap on the BDU's.

If our intent is to look like (name your own country)'s generals, then we have accomplished that goal.

We need to minimize the crud, crap, bling-age on our BDU's.  Service dress's are meant to show off your bling.  Not Bdu's

Sorry for the rant.

np, thts ur opinon and i agree with it i myself dont have anything extra on my bdys yet. i would just like to have this one on it
C/TSgt W

DC

Quote from: BTCS1 C/CC on September 08, 2009, 04:40:58 AM
mainly for encampment cuz im applying as med staff, if its available I would like to be able to wear it
You can do what you want, but I seriously doubt that your CPR patch is going to increase your street cred with the med staff or the other cadets.

Out of curiousity, do you have any med quals beyond BLS? I would think in the Encampment environment an Advanced First Aid, or, even better, a First Responder cert might be of more use.

BTCS1 C/CC

C/TSgt W

CadetProgramGuy

DC

Quote from: BTCS1 C/CC on September 08, 2009, 04:50:29 AM
i have lifeguarding
My point was that you'd be better served with some first aid and pt assessment skills. Chances are no one is going to have a heart attack and require CPR, but there's bound to be some idiot that sprains their ankle or hits their head on the O-Course...

But, anyway, I'm done...

Hawk200

Quote from: DC on September 08, 2009, 04:25:57 AM
Just for the record, just because you are allowed to wear a patch doesn't mean you need to. Everything except your name tape, CAP tape and flag patch is optional.

CPR patches are authorized per CAPM 39-1. Optional means that a member may wear it if they so choose. Just because some of us elect the wear of nothing other than mandatory patches doesn't mean we have any place to tell someone they can't.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Hawk200 on September 08, 2009, 04:55:14 AM

CPR patches are authorized per CAPM 39-1. Optional means that a member may wear it if they so choose. Just because some of us elect the wear of nothing other than mandatory patches doesn't mean we have any place to tell someone they can't.

I agree with what you say, but lets also be clear, i am not bashing the young man.  I am bashing the system that allows so much crap on a utility uniform.

AHA's site did not produce any patches.  Contact your local AHA office.

DC

Quote from: Hawk200 on September 08, 2009, 04:55:14 AM

I didn't say he couldn't, I simply expressed my opinion that there is little reason to wear a CPR patch. I said at least once that if he could wear it if he was determined to do so..

I'm not one of the sterile uniform nazis, but there are just some patches I don't see the point of, CPR is among them. The vast majority of high school students have been through a CPR course, as have millions of other people, including quite a few CAP cadets. It's good knowledge to have, but it's not something so extraordinary or difficult that it needs to be loudly proclaimed on a uniform.

Again, that's my opinion, take it or leave it, YMMV.