Main Menu

Ribbon Mystery

Started by AvroArrow, September 05, 2009, 06:31:30 PM

AvroArrow

Below is a picutre of two cadets at the MOWGE 2009. If you look at the male cadet (with glasses), he has two ribbons. I've looked at the CAPR 39-3 and I can't find anything like that ribbon after his Curry.

Any ideas?

http://mocapsgf.net/1ctg/pictures/day7/DSCF3332.JPG

ol'fido

Looks like the new CAP Achievement Medal although he should be wearing them in reverse order.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SilverEagle2

^^Beaten to the punch
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Major Carrales

I wonder what this cadet airman did to get that award?  Now, that is not any sort of indictment (it might be read that way), I often times find that cadets in the Airman grades sometimes are young adults of remarkable motivation.

When we first started at Kingsville our newest cadets often times did remarkable things, at that time there was no achievement medal/ribbon to award.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

AvroArrow

I was thinking it to be the Achievement Ribbon, but when I've seen people with it, the outside colors seemed darker like in this picture:

Perhaps not.

jimmydeanno

It looks a bit light, although, I haven't seen the achievement medal in person yet...

It could also be a JROTC ribbon...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Flying Pig

I do believe it is the Achievement medal.  In reality, the ribbon is not as dark as the ones often shown on the Ribbon Checkers.

The question now is, why are these cadets smiling at encampment?

SilverEagle2

The color distortion could be due to flash and angle. The weave of ribbons is shiny and reflective.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

JohnKachenmeister

It is the Achievement Ribbon, I'm almost certain, but the cadet has them in the wrong order.  Since he only has two ribbons, I'll bet he put his ribbon bar on upside down.

It sucks to get dressed in the dark.  I've done that in closets, sometimes, when husbands have come home earlier than expected!  >:D
Another former CAP officer

Eclipse

Unless he went from his rack to that table, then whomever is charged with his leadership needs a refresher on ribbon precedence from his Flt. Sgt to his CC.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 05, 2009, 08:25:58 PM

It sucks to get dressed in the dark.  I've done that in closets, sometimes, when husbands have come home earlier than expected!  >:D

Smilin' Kach Strikes again.  It is plain to see that to John, canoodling is an art form.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454