New health information procedures

Started by Eclipse, September 05, 2009, 03:56:35 AM

Eclipse

Can someone summarize the changes that were approved to health records keeping and applications for
CAP activities?  I missed that part of the meeting, and got a quick briefing via phone but am unclear on what the final result is.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Basically there is a new "physical" form for large acitivities (encampment, NCSA, etc).  That information is to be reviewed by a health service officer and  protected as if it were covered by HIPA.

There was  a lot of discussion about legalities and liabilites.  But bottom line is that we are [darn]ed if we do and [darn]ed if we don't.   In an ememrgency detailed health information from the form will be given to the health care provider for treatment.

It will also help protect CAP if the member fails to disclose a condition and something bad happens.

*************Please Note**********
I am not an expert on this....but that was my general read of the proposal while I was watching in the side lines at the NB.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

I've already tasked my Legal Officer to find out what this really means.  With an encampment coming in
April, I'll certainly be one of the first who has to deal with this, as we start talking apps in January.

I'll make sure to bring back whatever I get to this forum.

"That Others May Zoom"