Mess Dress Info, Questions and Ideas shared here.

Started by Timber492, August 16, 2009, 06:12:18 AM

Timber492

Hello everyone.  I'm starting this thread to have an area dedicated to Dress Mess Uniforms,

If you have questions or maybe ideas that can help others; this can be the place to start.

Timber492

Ok here is my question for everyone. 

Where does everyone go to find NEW Mess Dress uniforms?  I looked on the Hock and others but really didn't find anything as the coat and pants go.  All I seem to be able to find is the accessories that go along with the uniform.

If anyone knows of websites or stores that might have some of these things please let me know.

Thank you.

Eclipse

Quote from: Timber492 on August 16, 2009, 06:20:19 AM
Ok here is my question for everyone. 

Where does everyone go to find NEW Mess Dress uniforms?

The only source for new USAF uniform parts, and the same place you should be buying anything that is available for your service dress and other blues.

AAFES (or MCSS).

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

I've successfully bought two mess dress uniforms on eBay.  Search for USAF officer mess dress.  Make sure you're buying the newer-style blue ones, not the older and obsolete black mess dress. 

All you need to convert the USAF officer's mess dress jacket to CAP mode is some dark blue sleeve braid, which you can buy at Vanguard or The Hock when you buy your other accessories (shoulder boards, seal, medals, etc.).   Also be aware that the USAF enlisted mess dress jackets will not have the fabric loops on the shoulders which the grade insignia shoulderboards use to affix themselves to the jacket.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cecil DP

If you live near an AFB, check out the MCSS (Clothing Sales) AND the thrift shop. Used uniforms can be had for as little as $30, not including the accessories and tailoring to convert to CAP.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85