O-rides question

Started by Daniel, August 08, 2009, 05:28:47 AM

Daniel

I have a question about O-rides. When I joined I was told that I would get five o-rides right? Well I'm at my fifth o-ride as of tomorrow so does that mean I will never have another o-ride?
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

lordmonar

you get 5 powered and 5 glider O-rides...in the front seat....you can fly in the back seat as many times as there is space.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Daniel

Quote from: lordmonar on August 08, 2009, 05:34:42 AM
you get 5 powered and 5 glider O-rides...in the front seat....you can fly in the back seat as many times as there is space.

Oh ok. In that case we're only up to number 2 :)
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Eclipse

You should get 5 official, powered right-seat rides, each with a different syllabus and set of maneuvers.  You can look in eServices and see how many they have given you credit for.

You can ride as ballast in the back seat as many times as you want if there is an open seat.  These are referred to as "99" rides, and they count in calculations for Squadron of Merit and look positively in regards to budgets for the next year (so take a "99" as often as you can!) 

"That Others May Zoom"

DG

Quote from: Daniel L on August 08, 2009, 05:28:47 AM
I have a question about O-rides. When I joined I was told that I would get five o-rides right? Well I'm at my fifth o-ride as of tomorrow so does that mean I will never have another o-ride?

National has been known to reset each cadet's O-flights number to zero.

But don't hold your breath.  Especially in the current economic / financial situation.