Main Menu

NYWG SAREVAL

Started by BTCS1*, June 04, 2009, 03:03:27 AM

BTCS1*

The NYWG SAREVAL is coming up next week, but what goes on during the whole week? Is it constant sorties? Or just a day or two of GT and air sorties? Also, if anyone from NYWG has any info on where/when to report for GT over the weekend, or any other info of that kind, please PM me.
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

Eclipse

As has been mentioned in other threads, it depends on the Wing, Region, and evaluators.

Ours was last weekend and there were no activities during the week other than pre-warning messages from the evaluators, planning and prep via email, and positioning some aircraft for the weekend.

Other than that, all missions were run Saturday and Sunday.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Your wing has likely been directed to set this up as a "real world" response.  Members only getting enough information to give them a taste of what is actually going to happen.

The usually Friday you will start getting messages requesting resources, and telling them when/where to report.

Don't be afraid that you haven't heard anything, that is completely normal and to be expected.

Just plan on being ready to go somewhere Friday or Sat, and staying overnight.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

FW

SAREVALs are a great experience, cadet.  They usually are 3 day affairs but, begin with email/radio messages "ramping" things up.  For example; a major hurricane is coming up the Atlantic coast.  Land fall will be expected on Thursday somewhere on Long Island.... Wing/CC has ordered all aircraft to be moved to....
Each succeding day will bring more information.   After the Hurricane hits on Thursday, "mobilizaion" begins on Friday... usually by 1400. The fun lasts till Sunday morning when the EVAL team gives the out brief.
If you are qualified, ask your Sq/CC how you may participate.  There is paperwork to fill out and permissions need to be received.
Good luck.

Eclipse

I can't say with certainty, but its highly unlikely a wing is playing an Eval like a real-world call-up.  That's a great way to have no one available.

People need to clear schedules, stage equipment, move planes, etc.

Its more likely this cadet just isn't on the call-up lists, etc., and hasn't seen the message traffic.

We prepped for 6+ months and had about 5 or 6 practices weekends before the real eval.

They are fun, though, and sadly in many parts they are the closet some members get to the "show".

"That Others May Zoom"

BTCS1*

Thanks, I have asked my sq/CC if he has iny info and he did not, nyc group/my squadron is not very in the es ''loop''. I guess the next step is the group es officer. I think it will be homeland security largely because the last SAREX, which was a practice run of the SAREVAL, was homeland security.

RiverAux

In the larger wings they may not actually need to have everyone on deck to accomplish the goals of the SAREX.  In the smaller wings it does take everybody to put together a decent sized mission for the AF to evaluate. 

Ozzy

Hey there BTCS1! I was told that at least for Long Island group, Ground ops for the SAREval start on Friday around 6pm and will continue until Saturday around 4pm. I didn't ask about the other parts, ICS, Air ops and Mission base staff. I'm not sure what NYC group will be doing, however it should be similar.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

BTCS1*

Thanks Ozzy! Thats prety much what I needed. Just gotta find out what tme to get there and how im getting there, although I may end up at HPN, I hope to see you there. And im not sure if NYCG is doing anything on our own, we usualy just all scatter between HPN and ISP.

Ozzy

Yea, I was informed that I'm either going to be a GTL or Assistant GTL. I believe for the Pre-Eval we had a few months ago, Some members from NYC came down to Long Island to participate.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

BTCS1*

Yeah, the April SAREX, I was up at HPN for that one,  I was on a GT, and I got my UDF SQTR filled except for the ramp check and comms stuff(I need BCUT). How many GTs do you have going out of ISP? And do you have any FLM, my friend wanted to give it a try(im stickin to GT/UDF!)

BTCS1*

Is anyone from NYCG here going to the SAREVAL? If so, how are you getting there? If anyones taking the train PM me please. Im trying to find someone to travel with. Thanks guys.