Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 05:01:06 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: ''First Aid Kit''
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ''First Aid Kit''  (Read 1605 times)
Hoorah
Suspended

« on: May 31, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »

Hi, I have a First Aid kit but I want to  know what you guys have in yours. Example of what mine has.
11 pairs of gloves,ice pack,Purell,roll of gauze,vairious sizes of bandaes,burn cream,whistle,3 sterile non stick pad,1 huge gauze pad,scissors,butterfly closures.
I dont want a link to Gtm Manuel or etc. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:53:37 PM by capcadetwilliams » Logged
Polecat

My CAP gear blog
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »

I have everything listed in the GTM task guide and NESA packing list in mine,  plus a little bit extra handy items.  I say if you want a good first aid or survival kit, build it yourself with what YOU need.

Please knock off the quotes and ask the admin to move it to the tools of the trade forum.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:10:25 PM by MIKE » Logged
Hoorah
Suspended

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

I have everything listed in the GTM task guide and NESA packing list in mine,  plus a little bit extra handy items.  I say if you want a good first aid or survival kit, build it yourself with what YOU need.

Please knock off the quotes and ask the admin to move it to the tools of the trade forum.
Okay.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:10:40 PM by MIKE » Logged
Hoorah
Suspended

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »

I dont need links to GTM manuel.  I dint even ask for that.
I am asking what people have in their kits so I can add stuff. ???
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 05:29:12 PM »

The GTM suggested kit is a great place to start. If you add nothing else, it is sufficient for many situations. You asked a Q, we gave you answers. If you don't like them, get over it and move on.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Hoorah
Suspended

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:45:08 PM »

What the link to GTM manuel,Link to NESA packing list.
Polecat

My CAP gear blog
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »

I dont need links to GTM manuel.  I dint even ask for that.
I am asking what people have in their kits so I can add stuff. ???

I didn't give you links, I gave you specificly what you asked for.  Don't get mad at me because I told you my answer to your question.  If that isn't the answer you want, maybe you should edit your post so so it makes the question clearer and I don't get a headache when I read it.  I told you what I carry, what more do you want?
Polecat

My CAP gear blog
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 05:53:41 PM »

What the link to GTM manuel,Link to NESA packing list.

GTM task guide

NESA packing list
capchiro
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »

You might want to check with your medical officer or squadron commander to see what they approve.  I once found a cadet with scalpels and sutures in his kit.  I had him remove them before problems could happen..
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154
whatevah
Administrator

my personal website, yo!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

my favorite piece is a muzzle.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin
Pages: [1] Print