Another "not required" but is it allowed question

Started by Rotorhead, May 09, 2009, 04:15:42 PM

Rotorhead

I know the regs say there's no required hat for the corp gray uniform...but I have seen senior members wear the flight cap with this uniform.

Anyone know if this is allowed/acceptable?
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Pylon

Quote from: Rotorhead on May 09, 2009, 04:15:42 PM
I know the regs say there's no required hat for the corp gray uniform...but I have seen senior members wear the flight cap with this uniform.

You can't mix AF-style uniform items (like flight caps, outerwear, sweaters, etc.) with the corporate gray uniform.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Grumpy

I wear a base ball cap.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Grumpy on May 09, 2009, 04:32:46 PM

I wear a base ball cap.

Which, insanely, is permitted.  I can't think of a more unprofessional look.

39-1, pp. 84, Table 4-3, Section 9:

Headgear is not required but a CAP baseball cap may be
worn.

EMT-83

The entire paragraph says:

"Appropriate civilian outerwear is authorized including the light blue windbreaker with the CAP seal on the right breast or the Air Force cardigan sweater. When wearing the AF sweater the wing patch is not worn and a tie/floppy bow is optional. Sweater may be worn indoors or outdoors. When worn indoors, it may be worn opened or buttoned. When worn outdoors it must be buttoned. Headgear is not required but a CAP baseball cap may be worn."

Does than mean that a baseball cap may only be worn along with "civilian outerwear" or at any time?

JoeTomasone

Anytime, I would say, since it doesn't specify differently.

Grumpy

Quote from: EMT-83 on May 09, 2009, 07:16:27 PM
The entire paragraph says:

"Appropriate civilian outerwear is authorized including the light blue windbreaker with the CAP seal on the right breast or the Air Force cardigan sweater. When wearing the AF sweater the wing patch is not worn and a tie/floppy bow is optional. Sweater may be worn indoors or outdoors. When worn indoors, it may be worn opened or buttoned. When worn outdoors it must be buttoned. Headgear is not required but a CAP baseball cap may be worn."

Does than mean that a baseball cap may only be worn along with "civilian outerwear" or at any time?

I don't know what the sweater has to do with the "Corporate Gray" uniform.  When I mentioned I wear a base ball cap it is usually a plain black cap and I wear it with the blue golf shirt and gray slacks combination.

If you want to take it a little further, my squadron meets at Camp Pendleton which is located on the beach where we are subject to the strong rays of the sun.  My hair stopped growing at 5' - 0" and I continued until 5' - 8" so there is a possibility of sun burn.  This could carry over into a Ground Safety thing so I wear the cap.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: JoeTomasone on May 09, 2009, 07:10:05 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on May 09, 2009, 04:32:46 PM

I wear a base ball cap.

Which, insanely, is permitted.  I can't think of a more unprofessional look.

39-1, pp. 84, Table 4-3, Section 9:

Headgear is not required but a CAP baseball cap may be
worn.

Thats pretty weird. Well it is promoting CAP so I can see where they are coming from.  :)

Wright Brothers #13915

Rotorhead

Quote from: Pylon on May 09, 2009, 04:29:49 PM

You can't mix AF-style uniform items (like flight caps, outerwear, sweaters, etc.) with the corporate gray uniform.

I thought this too, except that the AF sweater IS allowed.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Rotorhead on May 10, 2009, 05:41:28 PMI thought this too, except that the AF sweater IS allowed.

Only extends to the Mister Rogers cardigan sweater, not the 'woolly pully'.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040