DOS Approvals

Started by CadetProgramGuy, May 03, 2009, 06:46:46 PM

CadetProgramGuy

I tried to look through the regs, but is it still necessary to submit 101's and 100's through snail mail for approval or is it all approved online for new mission specialty tracks?

JoeTomasone

Online, unless your Wing has a problem with it, I suppose.

BrandonKea

Does anyone still assign 101T's online? I'm told this has gone by the wayside because of the fact that your SQTR's automatically fill in your progress regardless of if you're training in a task or not (since some tasks cross specialties).
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

SJFedor

Quote from: BrandonKea on May 03, 2009, 11:38:20 PM
Does anyone still assign 101T's online? I'm told this has gone by the wayside because of the fact that your SQTR's automatically fill in your progress regardless of if you're training in a task or not (since some tasks cross specialties).

Yes, since technically, if you're training for a specialty, you should have your commander's approval. A little while back, once you entered completion of one task, all of a sudden you were in "trainee" status on your 101 card for half a dozen different specialties. Now, members actually have to click 2 boxes for commander's approval to kick that person into trainee status, so it'll show up with a * on their 101 card.

But going back to the OP, my predecessor at the Group level wanted to still use 100's to request specialty qual along w/ the online stuff. I quickly placed that in the round file, and our qual requests are all handled online, though the member's unit is still required (by our policy) to maintain paper copies of the SQTRs w/ signatures in the member's ES folder.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)