Large recruiting display posters

Started by Eeyore, April 27, 2009, 12:59:33 PM

Eeyore

I'm looking for a large high res recruiting poster set. I have one of those 3 panel display boards, each panel measuring 2 ft x 3 ft.

I know I've seen some nice looking recruiting presentation boards somewhere, similar to the DDR presentation board. I now just need to get my hands on a set that I can get printed at Kinkos and mount to the board.

I know I could put one together with smaller pictures mounted to the board, but a full color print out for each panel looks so much more professional. If I was a graphic designer type I could make one, but I'm not gifted in those regards.

Does anyone have any digital files for something like that that I could "borrow"?

AdAstra

I am a graphic designer, and worked in the trade show display business for a number of years.

For many years I've used three large (approximately 2'x 4') photos as the centerpiece of my CAP information display: the covers of the three recruiting brochures (Cadet Programs, Membership and Aerospace Education). I flanked these with two signs listing the three missions. A local reproduction company (similar to Kinkos) scanned the brochures, printed the photos and mounted them on 1/4" foam board. The photos were somewhat grainy, but from the average viewing distance (8-10') they looked fine. As I recall, each photo cost about $75-85 to print and mount, but I've used them at least 15-20 times so the cost worked out to be quite reasonable.

[Unfortunately, I've never figured out how to insert a photo here]

For outdoor use, I use a white pop-up shelter and bought a separate orange backwall. Across the top front, I rig a 2'x10' banner that I designed. The overall look is big and bold. I specifically chose those images from the brochures so that the photos matched the brochures that I handed to people, creating a coordinated look. Remember the "60-miles-an-hour" test: you want your message identifiable by someone running by at 60 MPH. And make them slow down, stop, look and talk to you!

To avoid an "identity crisis", use the same CAP logo through-out. I continue to use the CAP emblem, based 1) on the existing banners and signs that I started with, and 2) a conversation with one of the marketing folks at NHQ (before the command patch and myriad other off-shoots!). It's historic, simple and straight-forward, and much easier to recognize than the CAP seal. The CAP emblem is on the two "three missions" sign inside, the single podium in the booth (just large enough to hold the brochure racks) and all three of the interchangeable banners above.

I'd be more than happy to send you the files for the three photos. Or perhaps you can use the newest cadet and senior posters just posted on eServices (CAP Material). Download them (warning: they are 30 MB plus) and take the .pdf file to Kinkos. The want .pdf files, so these should work fine. Just tell them what size you want.

I like CAP's new recruiting "themes" of Teamwork, Achievement, Leadership, Excitement. But in my opinion the photos on the new posters do not accurately represent the missions of CAP. But it's very difficult to decide on a single image, or even a montage of images, to represent our missions.
Charles Wiest

Eeyore

I'd love the files. Since they are big you can upload them to my public ftp site here: http://idisk.mac.com/jordan_sagac/Public?view=web

Thanks much!