Hey guys looking to buy SAR Gear

Started by Hoorah, April 24, 2009, 06:06:25 PM

Hoorah

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some field gear for search and rescue, its for a 24 hour pack what websites do you guys use?"

Smithsonia

www.uscav.com is pretty good. Of course it depends on what you are looking for. I've bought 3 packs, 24 hour, 72 hour, SAR grab and go Flight bag... and like them
all.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

JayT

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on April 24, 2009, 06:06:25 PM
Websites to buy SAR Gear.,

Cadet Williams, Have you tried searching? Have you tried scanning through previous posts? Have you tried looking on Google? Or the Hock? Or at your local surplus store?

First off, you didn't even attempt a complete sentence. Try
"Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some field gear for search and rescue, what websites do you guys use?"

Second, what do you mean 'SAR gear.' MOLLE Gear? ALICE gear? Medical kits? Camelbaks? Uniforms? HiViz stuffs?

You seem to have this terrible habit of posting a few works, and expecting a response. Look at the first posts of other threads, and see what you see. You see a coherent statement or question, in most.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

es_g0d

There are more opinions than there are posters, but SAR gear does not (necessarily) equal military-style gear.  I don't wish to rehash previous riots, so I'll leave it at that.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

Hoorah

Quote from: es_g0d on April 24, 2009, 06:37:37 PM
There are more opinions than there are posters, but SAR gear does not (necessarily) equal military-style gear.  I don't wish to rehash previous riots, so I'll leave it at that.
please every body please leave links

SJFedor

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on April 24, 2009, 07:59:57 PM
Quote from: es_g0d on April 24, 2009, 06:37:37 PM
please every body please leave links

www.google.com

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

es_g0d

Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

EMT-83

You revived a six-month old thread to post a link to the search page?

SarDragon

The Reverend Cleophus James has inspired me to say "Yay-Yuh!"
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Airrace

If you have the money to purchase new equipment then use some of the sugestions already posted. If you are on a budget then try E-Bay. I have found some great prices on items. Good Luck!

SKYKING607

CAWG Career Captain