No More SAEMR for CAP

Started by MIKE, March 18, 2009, 02:24:00 PM

MIKE

Not that CAPR 39-3 would let "vanilla" CAP members (to use a gaming term) wear it anyway, but the latest revision of AFI36-2226 removes the "possibility" of the training opportunity, and possibility of qualifying for for said ribbon as a CAP member.

It would have been an awesome opportunity to do the Handgun Orientation Course as a CAPer... Even better if you manage to shoot expert on the M-9.

Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Especially since I know at least 3 AF Combat Arms Instructors who are also in CAP, myself included.

Had I known this change was coming 3 weeks ago, I would have made this happen sooner.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

What's a SAEMR?

Edit:  Nevermind, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon...  Got it...

PaulR

Does this mean that weapons qualification insignia(ribbons) were allowed on the CAP uniform?

Hawk200

Quote from: PaulR on March 27, 2009, 10:56:43 AM
Does this mean that weapons qualification insignia(ribbons) were allowed on the CAP uniform?

Military awards and decorations are permitted on the blues combination. The first post addresses the Air Force ribbon that was sometimes awarded to members for participation in qualfication at Air Force ranges with Air Force instructors. The new AFI pretty much disallows training as a CAP member at such events.

Military awards and decs were only permitted with the CSU if the awarding service permitted wear on civilian clothing.