security forces badge

Started by NCRblues, March 02, 2009, 12:28:07 AM

NCRblues

Can active duty SF wear their badges on cap uniforms? I have seen them on some SM, others say you cant... called NHQ, they are not sure "will get back to me". Does anyone know??? >:(
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Stonewall

Ask yourself this.

As a 3P0X1, if you went to a non security forces assignment, i.e. you switched to another AFSC, would you be able to wear the SF badge (shield)?  The answer is no.

Same thing with the SF beret.  It's one of those things you only wear when performing those specific duties associated with your career field.

Are you performing security forces duties in CAP?  No.  You're not TDY and it's not special duty.  Your security forces skill badge, yes.  That is a permanent badge, much like Ops Support, Parachutist Badge or the Secretary Defense ID badge.
Serving since 1987.

flyguy06

i am not a Air Force guy but I would assume you can only wear it when you are performing the duties of a SF. For example lets say a guy is in a SF unit. If he leaves and goes to lets say a maintenence unit can he still wear the badge? Probably not since he is not performing that duty and people may mistake him for currently being a cop. So I would say the same applies to CAP. While in a CAP unifom, he is not being a cop nor is he representing one.

flyguy06

Stonewall you beat me to it.  ;D

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC