Main Menu

Tape & name badges

Started by Daniel, February 13, 2009, 09:03:38 PM

Daniel

Can C/AB wear these or is there a rank requirement?
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

IceNine

Everyone wears them. 

Talk with your unit staff first though. 

It is possible that they have or will order this stuff for you.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

JayT

Quote from: Daniel L on February 13, 2009, 09:03:38 PM
Can C/AB wear these or is there a rank requirement?

What does CAPM 39-1 say?

Cadets and SM's shouldn't even wear the uniform unless they have all parts of it.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

caprr275

so a C/AB can have a full uniform. they just wear 2 CAP cut outs

notaNCO forever

Quote from: caprr275 on February 14, 2009, 11:11:55 PM
so a C/AB can have a full uniform. they just wear 2 CAP cut outs

Yes

MIKE

When they do the photos and illustrations they really need to have one each for C/AB, C/Amn - C/CMSgt, C/2d Lt - C/Col and SM, Sgt-CMSgt, FO - SFO, 2d Lt - Col ... Maj - Col where applicable.
Mike Johnston

Chicago_Pilot

Quote from: MIKE on February 15, 2009, 02:02:26 AM
When they do the photos and illustrations they really need to have one each for C/AB, C/Amn - C/CMSgt, C/2d Lt - C/Col and SM, Sgt-CMSgt, FO - SFO, 2d Lt - Col ... Maj - Col where applicable.

As a new SM, I'd agree.  I'm still trying to figure it all out.  For now the golf shirt is going to have to suffice.

JayT

Quote from: Chicago_Pilot on February 15, 2009, 02:31:25 AM

As a new SM, I'd agree.  I'm still trying to figure it all out.  For now the golf shirt is going to have to suffice.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

MIKE

Quote from: Chicago_Pilot on February 15, 2009, 02:31:25 AM

I'd recommend this for all new SMs.  It's hard to screw up a golf shirt.
Mike Johnston

Daniel

Ok. Im not here to pick a fight but

I just joined CAP thursday, me some slack please Jtheman

I dont know what the books say.. I just got them today as well as my uniform..

but anywho as soon as i get in the database the commander is ordering my set
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Hawk200

Quote from: Daniel L on February 15, 2009, 08:36:26 AM

Themann was giving you a reference. 39-1 is readily available as a downloadable document. If you don't know where, here's a link:

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/2008_01_25_Uniforms.pdf

You should be able to do a "Save As..." on it. Once you get it downloaded, read it. All of it. A common mistake that many people make is to think "I don't need to know about any uniforms that I don't wear". That's incorrect. Start at page one and go to the last page. Everything in there is useful. Pay special attention to what you will be wearing, so that once you have the uniforms, you will wear them right. It may not be pertinent to you, but you should learn about all of it eventually.

There are also a number of uniforms that have been expressed in "Interim Change Letters". You may want to read up on some of those too. The link for those is here:

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/forms_publications__regulations/interim_change_letters.cfm

Read all you can about anything you'll need to know. And look for things in those publications before you come here. If you can't find it, people here will help. But make every attempt to be as self sufficient as you can.

LtCol Hooligan

Daniel L,
I would like to make a recommendation to you.  Many times new members have questions and searching forums like this is a great way to become high speed real fast, but if you do not find the answer you are looking for, I would first return to your local squadron and ask.  8 out of 10 times, they will know the answer.  If they do not, by all means, come back and ask.  There are many years of CAP experience on this board with many differing opinions. 

I know as a commander, I prefer my new members to ask me first and post to this board if they still have questions.  This is a great place to make friends and learn a heck of a lot more about CAP, but it does not replace the local unit for the basics!!  Go to them first and learn everything you can, every where you can.
LtCol Hooligan
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

Pylon

Hey, no worries man -- you're very welcome here.  As mentioned, you should be getting a lot of the basics from whomever is your cadet flight sergeant or element leader.  But if you've still have lots of questions, these resources will help you get started:

National CAP New Cadet Landing Page:
http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cadet_programs/new_cadet_help/
(You'll also see links on that page to the first chapter of the Leadership book, which you should read through; as well as handy things like grade insignia flashcards and uniform guides!)

Cadet Great Start
http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cadet_programs/library/cadet_great_start/index.cfm
(Your unit may or may not run Cadet Great Start (an 8-10 week introductory course for new cadets).  If not, a lot of the material can still be useful to you.  Just understand that the materials on the above linked page are directed mainly at the instructors, not the student.  There's still valuable info in there, though.)

Cadet Grades
http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cadet_programs/ranks/
(Here's an indepth look at the cadet grade insignia, titles and structure.  You can click each grade insignia to find out more about that particular grade, how one earns it and the historical background.  Good stuff to know, for sure).

CAP Forms & Publications;

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/forms_publications__regulations/
(All of Civil Air Patrol's manuals, pamphlets, regulations and forms are available right here.  Not sure about a detailed uniform question?  Seek out the uniform manual and look it up.  Not sure if you can do a certain type of cadet activity?  Seek out the cadet programs regulation and look it up.  Need a CAPF 31 to apply to an activity?  Download it on the forms page.  You'll be surprised how much you can find out about CAP once you learn to search these publications for your answers.  It takes a little getting used to the system though.  Don't get overwhelmed.)

Helpful Cadet-related Publications:
http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cadet_programs/library/
(These regulations, pamphlets, guides and other resources are all related to the cadet program.  Depending on what you're interested in, you may also find a lot of helpful info here.)

If you read through a lot of this stuff (especially your Leadership Chapter 1, your grade insignia recognition, drill & ceremonies and the uniform guides) you could easily end up being the sharpest C/AB in your squadron!  Feel free to ask questions when you really can't find the answer either.  Best of luck to you and welcome to Civil Air Patrol! 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP