Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2019, 09:16:32 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: drill team advice
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: drill team advice  (Read 1390 times)
michigansergeant
Recruit

« on: March 22, 2006, 10:01:15 PM »

Hi,
   I am the commander of a drill team that will be competing very soon.  I have never done this before.  Does anyone have an advice or tips to give me about drill competitions?

Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
TankerT
Seasoned Member

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

Well.

1st, become extremely familiar with the Rules of Engagement.  Especially the small/finer points. 

Practice, practice, practice.

And, most of all... have fun!

/Insert Snappy Comment Here
Matt
Seasoned Member

Unit: NCR-001

North Central Region
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 02:24:33 PM »

[...]
And, most of all... have fun!

Precisely...
Matthew Kopp, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
North Central Region
merlin0085
Recruit

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 10:00:24 PM »

Have someone observe you and point out everything that doesn't look uniform between your movements. Being slightly off can look really bad, especially if one side is a little ahead of the other.

The best advice that I can give you for competition is to make sure that you get all of the stupid points. Don't miss points on your uniforms because you spent all your time practicing some arcane drill maneuver. Uniforms, basic d&c, and knowing the ROE will give you a solid score. You've either got the PT, aerospace and leadership portions of the comp down or you don't, so don't sweat them. Get the basics, and let everything else be the icing, I'm willing to bet if you do that you'll come out with a respectable score.
Stew Sibert
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: drill team advice