CAP Officer Basic Course

Started by Capt_Redfox30, December 11, 2008, 12:05:50 AM

heliodoc

Grumpy

If that is all true.... which I can believe...

Then that/ those IC's need a little TRAINING themselves

A waste of manpower and surely if they require his presence and he recieves no training...

CAN somebody spell IG??  or these the same folks??  Total CAP BS 

It's no wonder why some of the membership questions this and other types of antics...

Luv to have seen them in some tougher RM organizations.... OER's and whatnot..not getting the troops trained, not looking out for the welfare of the troops

If you as higher eschelon (sp) IC types aren't taking care of your people. You NEED some leadership training.  And I do not mean CAP type training

Do not waste peoples time .....waste your own if you can not identify a problem....

Chappie

Quote from: Grumpy on December 17, 2008, 09:44:13 PM
"Believe it or not, Chaplains are (should be -- and shame on those chaplains who aren't) involved in all three missions of Civil Air Patrol."

Amen to that!  That being said, I have a Chaplain in my squadron that has a goal of being at every activity in the state where a Chaplain is needed.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that at every SAREX or mission he tries to go to, he's turned away by the IC. 

They want him at missions such as the Fosset mision and the like and they expect him to be qualified but they won't allow him to get the training.

Kind of like the cadets and ES.  Get them trained but don't use them.

Grumpy -- I am aware of the Chaplain of whom you speak...and there is none finer or more trained.   The Wing Ops director should be informed of what is taking place so this can be addressed.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

DogCollar

Quote from: Chappie on December 17, 2008, 11:14:43 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on December 17, 2008, 09:44:13 PM
"Believe it or not, Chaplains are (should be -- and shame on those chaplains who aren't) involved in all three missions of Civil Air Patrol."

Amen to that!  That being said, I have a Chaplain in my squadron that has a goal of being at every activity in the state where a Chaplain is needed.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that at every SAREX or mission he tries to go to, he's turned away by the IC. 

They want him at missions such as the Fosset mision and the like and they expect him to be qualified but they won't allow him to get the training.

Kind of like the cadets and ES.  Get them trained but don't use them.

Grumpy -- I am aware of the Chaplain of whom you speak...and there is none finer or more trained.   The Wing Ops director should be informed of what is taking place so this can be addressed.

Grumpy,

This is an outrage!  Are you saying that they are requiring him to be a Mission Chaplain (which is good a proper) but not laetting him receive the training?  There are a number of ethical issues involved here.
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Timbo

^ That IC needs fired.  If he is qualified to be at the SAREX in any capacity, let that member train as though he were any other member.  Shame on the leadership for letting that happen.

Grumpy

Thanks for the response.  Yes it is true.  This man has been CAP just a little over 2 years now and he's completed all four levels of training, not to mention the ES training that he has taken on his own.

Chappie, I'm headed to Ft Campbell for a couple of weeks but when I get back I intend to talk to our mutual friend and follow up on it.

Short Field

Outside of trying to win the Wing's "Glass Belt Buckle" award, I can't think of any reason a IC would turn a MC away from anything.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Grumpy

Like I said, when I get back, he and I are going to have a long talk to determine what way we want to go to handle it.  There have been other complaints about the IC from other officers.

I want to look before I jump.

RiverAux

Getting back to the subject, I get a little laugh thinking about how many CAP senior members would go ballistic if they had to do the amount of training that CAP members had to do during the WWII period.  I've seen various numbers, but all CAP members were expected to go through a "basic" training course that was 100+ hours in duration. 

Timbo

^ Not to mention Encampments were not for Cadets back then (although some did attend) it was for CAP Enlisted and Officer types. 

The volunteer time was so very tremendous, but it was totally different during that war than today. 

Now we are asking for the new member to spend 20-30 hours on this new basic course so they can eventually become a Captain, and I foresee many that will say that is too much of a commitment. 

RiverAux

Quote^ Not to mention Encampments were not for Cadets back then (although some did attend) it was for CAP Enlisted and Officer types. 
That may be a little bit of a generalization.  My Wing had several encampment type activities during the war and they were very focused on cadet aviation education and training. 

Grumpy

Quote from: RiverAux on December 19, 2008, 02:16:20 AM
Quote^ Not to mention Encampments were not for Cadets back then (although some did attend) it was for CAP Enlisted and Officer types. 
That may be a little bit of a generalization.  My Wing had several encampment type activities during the war and they were very focused on cadet aviation education and training. 

My big brother was a cadet back then and actually got his pilot's license through CAP.