Main Menu

Nov Volunteer

Started by RiverAux, November 05, 2008, 10:59:57 PM

Rangercap

^^^ like I said... no formal written change.

AlphaSigOU

I personally know the person in the cover - that's Lt Col Melanie Capehart, TXWG/SE but also calls Addison home.

Awful photochop job... she wears her uniform much better than that!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

D2SK

Quote from: Rangercap on November 06, 2008, 04:30:12 PM
They REALLY fixed her uniform... they even added the 1/2" between the CAP tape, med badge and wings... and moved the ES patch.

Brian

You armchair quaterbacks are something else.

Lighten up, Francis.

CASH172

I really think page space can be better utilized by not including a crossword puzzle.  Although I can see it being useful in a waiting room somewhere, it just doesn't seem applicable to most of the Volunteer's readers. 

notaNCO forever

They should ditch the crossword puzzle and have some comic strips. ;D I tend to agree I don't see someone actually sitting down and doing the crossword puzzle. If they do them they need to get a hobby

Pingree1492

There are some crazy CAP nerds out there...  I've seen more than one completed crossword at weekly cadet meetings....
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Rangercap on November 06, 2008, 04:23:54 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on November 06, 2008, 06:09:45 AM
That's a poorly photoshopped cover on the Lt Col on the front cover.

I would say... here's the original... and they took the GTL badge off the WRONG side of the uniform.

http://mhuchette.albumpost.com/2008HurricaneIke%2CTexasCoverage/DSC_8371?full=1

Faith in humanity = Gone

DNall

Quote from: Rangercap on November 06, 2008, 04:55:03 PM
I guess this goes back to what the NEC authorized - but no formal written change. Rank can be worn on headgear (i.e. baseball cap), at an activity - this can be authorized by the Wing Commander.

With a nationally approved wing supplement, not call the guy up & he says cool.

Secondly, there is no reason whatever that a cadet needs to be wearing a black hat. Just like they don't need to wear a drill sgt hat. It is wrong on a lot of levels.

Now, this is a national organization sponsored by the AF. You are to wear a standardized national uniform drawing all guidance practicable from the AF. If you don't like that, deal with it & do it anyway.

They REALLY fixed her uniform... they even added the 1/2" between the CAP tape, med badge and wings... and moved the ES patch.

That's my wing director of safety, who has been in CAP for about 20 years. While her uniform may not be perfect, it's one hell of a lot better than some moronic stuff I've seen from some other folks.

You want to point to the ongoing poor photoshop work, fine. You want to point out uniform problems, okay. That's piddly, but she wore it so she bears the flak. But I would suggest you bring that down a notch, least till you have a real ranger tab, at which point you wouldn't care what people wear when they're in the field next to an offshore fishing boat piled up between two houses in one of the most impacted areas three days after the most damaging hurricane since Katrina.

Just a suggestion.

Eclipse

Quote from: Rangercap on November 06, 2008, 04:55:03 PM
I guess this goes back to what the NEC authorized - but no formal written change. Rank can be worn on headgear (i.e. baseball cap), at an activity - this can be authorized by the Wing Commander.

No, it can't.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: D2SK on November 06, 2008, 07:24:49 PM

Brian

Is it unreasonable to expect a Lt Col to wear her uniform properly?
It's not like she joined last week and didn't know any better.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: PHall on November 07, 2008, 01:37:37 AM
Quote from: D2SK on November 06, 2008, 07:24:49 PM

Brian

Is it unreasonable to expect a Lt Col to wear her uniform properly?
It's not like she joined last week and didn't know any better.

And one suspects that it's been in service for a while, rendering the whole "she's in a disaster zone" argument moot in my eyes.   

MIKE

Aren't we not supposed to have these kinds of uniform discussions anymore?
Mike Johnston