CAP Fundraiser: "Online Mall"

Started by A.Member, October 31, 2008, 08:34:31 PM

KyCAP

Our inquiries were generated because we believe we have members who have spent more than $10,000 through the portal in just one unit.  We're collecting the facts on this now.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Cecil DP

Quote from: cnitas on November 02, 2008, 04:47:16 PM
QuoteFor most of the units, it costs CAP more than the funds raised to electronically transfer the money or to send paper checks.

So lets assume $1 to print a check from the computer, $1 for the envelope, .42 for the stamp, and $1 for the time spent by a paid employee per check.

That is $3.42

If most squadrons cannot earn more than $5 with this 'mall', I think I will concentrate my fundraising efforts elsewhere.

Actually the money should be sent to the Wing and deposited under the Wing Banker program. So it's really only one check to the Wing with a breakdown of what each squadron gets. I think the excuse is B**S** and is a justification for not getting the money out in a timely manner.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

A.Member

Quote from: Cecil DP on November 02, 2008, 08:33:49 PM
Actually the money should be sent to the Wing and deposited under the Wing Banker program. So it's really only one check to the Wing with a breakdown of what each squadron gets. I think the excuse is B**S** and is a justification for not getting the money out in a timely manner.
I agree.  The squadron commander simply receives a notification via e-mail indicating how much was earned by their squadron.  An actual check is not sent to each squadron.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

davedove

I think we can agree that this initiative will probably not generate much income for any unit.  If you need funds (and what unit doesn't) you'll need to get them another way.

However, IF you are going to make an online purchase anyway, why not use this program and get a few cents for the unit.  It's not much, but every little bit helps.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Hoorah

Nice way to raise funds for a unit. :clap: