Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 12, 2018, 05:58:06 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: CAP Business Cards
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: CAP Business Cards  (Read 26161 times)
elipod
Forum Regular

Unit: NER-PA-292

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2011, 10:40:50 PM »

I wonder how many dress shirts and pants have been ruined when those things run...

Where is the actual information that is supposed to be on a business card?

Either I have the info on the back of the card, or try to incorporate it into the front of the card.
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"
EMT-83
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »

Kinda defeats the purpose of a business card. It should present the facts in a clear, professional manner instead of looking like an art project.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2011, 10:41:38 AM »

Heh - this guy disagrees: 

BTW, this thing goes right into the circle file after I enter his number in my contacts, assuming I keep it at all, since it probably wouldn't fit in
my pocket.

People don't keep business cards in files or Roledex's anymore, so making them works of art, especially when you aren't "selling" anything,
doesn't really serve much purpose.

arajca
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »

Why would you hand anyone a CAP business card for any reason other than official business?
Many moons ago, many gents had the symbols of the various organizations they were members of or supported along the bottom of their business cards. It would not have been uncommon to see a line of small symbols from Knights of Columbus, Rotary, Optimists, CAP, Masons, etc on the cards. Not a common practice any more.
elipod
Forum Regular

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »

Kinda defeats the purpose of a business card. It should present the facts in a clear, professional manner instead of looking like an art project.

Really? Yes, it should present in in a professional manner, but who says we cant have fun? :P

Personally, the flashy cards are the ones I remember. And if I remember the card, I will remember the person too.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »

Personally, the flashy cards are the ones I remember. And if I remember the card, I will remember the person too.

Yes, that is a salient point in marketing.  CAP isn't marketing.  For what we offer we are the only game in town.

This is akin to the local PD or FD hoping you will "...choose them for all your law enforcement or fire suppression needs..."

Not having a business card when needed is unprofessional, but having one that is too flashy for the intention may work against
your purpose.

elipod
Forum Regular

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2011, 11:15:31 AM »

Not having a business card when needed is unprofessional, but having one that is too flashy for the intention may work against
your purpose.

I'm willing to accept that you have a point there. :P
ES Ninja
Recruit

Unit: MER-NC-800

« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »

I must disagree. We DO need to market - we are a VOLUNTEER organization. Any way we can get people to remember who we are, what we stand for, and how to contact us, is fair game. Yes, we shouldn't go overboard, but there's no harm in flashy business cards.
Sierra Larson, C/Lt Col, CAP
NCWG CAC Vice Chair
South Charlotte Cadet Squadron
4fhoward
Recruit

Unit: usa

« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2011, 04:33:22 PM »

Japanese Business card etiquette.
I found this to be interesting.
http://www.linguist.com/services-japanese-card.htm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: CAP Business Cards