Main Menu

Paid life members

Started by RiverAux, September 22, 2008, 12:11:21 AM

Pylon

Quote from: FW on September 24, 2008, 03:22:02 PM
KYCAP makes an excellent point.  And, I just realized we can do the same type of thing AOPA does.  Now that the CAP Foundation is incorporated as a 501c3 not for profit, the Foundation may at some point offer a CAP life membership for those that donate a certain amount to the foundation.  What a good idea.  I'm sure it will be brought up at the next Foundation board meeting.

I can't find any web reference to the CAP Foundation anywhere.  What happened to it?   Google searching only returns an unmodified template website. 

And out of curiosity, FW, how long has the CAP Foundation been established now, and how many staff member(s) do they have?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

notaNCO forever

I'd sure pay a one time price since all probably be in until I'm miserable, old, and saying how great things were back in the day. Would this be available to cadets to or just senior members?

FW

Quote from: Pylon on September 24, 2008, 05:25:10 PM
Quote from: FW on September 24, 2008, 03:22:02 PM
KYCAP makes an excellent point.  And, I just realized we can do the same type of thing AOPA does.  Now that the CAP Foundation is incorporated as a 501c3 not for profit, the Foundation may at some point offer a CAP life membership for those that donate a certain amount to the foundation.  What a good idea.  I'm sure it will be brought up at the next Foundation board meeting.

I can't find any web reference to the CAP Foundation anywhere.  What happened to it?   Google searching only returns an unmodified template website. 

And out of curiosity, FW, how long has the CAP Foundation been established now, and how many staff member(s) do they have?

The CAP Foundation was officially incorporated in 2006.  The directors of the foundation are the 4 CAP members of the BOG and the CAP\NFO.  I think the 501 c3 status was granted in Jan 08.  The foundation currently has no staff however, CAP is "lending" certain services to it.  The next meeting of the foundation board will probably be in June 09.
Quote from: NCO forever on September 24, 2008, 06:17:06 PM
I'd sure pay a one time price since all probably be in until I'm miserable, old, and saying how great things were back in the day. Would this be available to cadets to or just senior members?

If there was a program, it would be up to either the foundation or CAP/NB to make that assessment.

KyCAP

Ha. I think this was the first excellent point I have made...

::) Must be drinking the Kool-Aid.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing