New summer flight uniform -- coming back from the dead?

Started by RiverAux, September 21, 2008, 08:45:20 PM

stratoflyer

Quote from: O-Rex on September 22, 2008, 02:57:05 AM
Quote from: Pumbaa on September 22, 2008, 01:27:58 AM

This outfit makes a statement. . .

It's fun to stay at the. . . . . Y.M.C.A!!!

Even if shorts were approved, the wearer would be ostracized by the zipper-suited mafia.

Project runway!!

As far as the shorts business...

**@#**%# ***
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

BuckeyeDEJ

What's sad is that if someone Google-searches "Civil Air Patrol," they might see that image. That's not a good thing....

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

notaNCO forever

I don't know white Velcro tennis shoes with knee high socks will be sure to draw people in. They are all the rage now days.

DC

Quote from: NCO forever on September 22, 2008, 07:37:12 PM
I don't know white Velcro tennis shoes with knee high socks will be sure to draw people in. They are all the rage now days.
Pretty soon it will be pink flip-flops with knee-high toe socks...

notaNCO forever

Quote from: DC on September 22, 2008, 07:39:11 PMPretty soon it will be pink flip-flops with knee-high toe socks...

I'll be the first in on that trend. ;D

Tags - MIKE

LtCol White

Quote from: Pumbaa on September 22, 2008, 01:27:58 AM
I have a better idea....

Why not just take the Flight suit and cut the sleeves and legs off!?!?!  You will then have a fire retardant, summer flight suit!

CHEAP TOO!!  no need to buy extra... If CAP does this we won't have to spend money!!

There is SOOO much wrong with this image that I don't even know where to begin. Suffice it to just say its scarey.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Pumbaa

Thank you, Thank You!!!

I took just a few minutes to photoshop it.. I was not concerned about quality....

So who cares if someone googles that image?  They'll see that CAP has a sense of humor!

Trying to find sharp enough scissors to make my real mock up!

CAPLAW

What really sucks is that when somebody googles Civil Air Patrol, they read about our dirty laundry from the top down and blogs about the CAP conspiracies  >:D

Pumbaa

Quote from: CAPLAW on September 22, 2008, 11:11:07 PM
What really sucks is that when somebody googles Civil Air Patrol, they read about our dirty laundry from the top down and blogs about the CAP conspiracies  >:D

Easy solution...  A quick preference change in the control panel in SMF, so that only registered users can read... and post forums...

Keep one open forum for the lurkers who do not want to register.  All other forums are then registered accounts only.

O-Rex

I can hear our new motto now:

Civil Air Patrol: have hotpants, will travel. . .

MIKE

Why is it that every time someone brings this up the actual thread has next to zero discussion value?  Please don't beat the dead horse anymore with the stupid comments.
Mike Johnston