Senior Member Corporate Uniform

Started by AvroArrow, September 03, 2008, 10:46:51 PM

SarDragon

Quote from: billford1 on September 09, 2008, 02:05:56 AM
Yes; Here we go again.  I mean no disrespect Lt. but it's the same old stuff. The only part of "Commercial dress trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend, full cut, straight hanging" is the medium gray part. I see it interpreted in a range of shades. Mine look medium gray to me because I spent more for them and they fit great. I saw a Col with gray BDU trousers but that's all he could find that fit. This topic will quiet down and come back again.

Is there no common sense left out there? (not a personal fang at you, Bill)

Go to the store, ask for medium grey, and see what you get. Both brands I get say "medium grey" on the tags. I'm sure other brands do as well. Charcoal is too dark; light is, well, too light. As I said above, take a pair of rank sleeves with you, and get what matches.

This isn't rocket surgery!  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RiverAux

Although we have discussed the gray trousers before, I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone proposing the simple solution to try to match the trousers to the color of the gray epalet. 

Short of requiring everyone to buy the same brand, style, and color of trouser from a specific manufacturer, that seems like the single best idea out there for trying to achieve some level of uniformity for those pants. 

However, this is still to vague to make a specific requirement, but could potentially be inserted into 39-1 as a general guide to what CAP means by medium gray.

God help us, you know they'd start producing epalets in all sorts of shade variations then... 

billford1

Of course they're laughing. What's a RM uniform?

SarDragon

I think the reference is to a RealMilitary™ uniform.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DC

Quote from: RiverAux on September 09, 2008, 03:21:48 AM
God help us, you know they'd start producing epalets in all sorts of shade variations then... 
I'm sure Vanguard would like that...

stratoflyer

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

stratoflyer

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP