Main Menu

EMT Badge

Started by scribby, September 02, 2008, 06:24:03 PM

scribby

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the EMT badge. Who can where it and which level? I am currently EMT-I / Tactical Medic just getting back into CAP and can not find any documentation anywhere.

IceNine

EMT Bagde- Basic
EMT Badge with Star- Intermediate
EMT Badge with Star/wreath- Paramedic

I know all systems are different so look at it like this.  If you could certify in those areas for National Registry then you can wear the appropriate badge
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

LtCol Hooligan

To follow up on this, so I have a paramedic who is wearing the large star of life- not just the badge.  Anyone know the proper placement on the BDUs for this?
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

DC

Quote from: LtCol Hooligan on September 02, 2008, 06:51:50 PM
To follow up on this, so I have a paramedic who is wearing the large star of life- not just the badge.  Anyone know the proper placement on the BDUs for this?
Like as a patch? I'm not sure that is authorized by 39-1... If it is, probably the left breast pocket...

IceNine

Get them Here

Can't find it now but you used to wear the EMT Patch in the same position as the First aid patches.  they must have taken that out of 39-1

We are talking about the breast badge, just like the ground team badge, worn above the CAP TAPE

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

scribby

Thank you for the help!

LtCol Hooligan

I think the confusion comes from this kb article.  At any rate it talks about the patch and the badge.  It never actually confirms where the patch goes other than refer to CAPM 39-1.  I concur that it looks best on the breast pocket, but I want to have a specific reg rather than just take it off or move it!!  Thanks!!

IceNine

You're not going to find guidance, they took it out of 39-1. 

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

LtCol Hooligan

Quote from: IceNine on September 03, 2008, 04:52:52 PM
You're not going to find guidance, they took it out of 39-1. 
I think that means they need to update the kb and my person needs to switch to the badge and not the patch.  He sure likes that patch though.  I wish the kbs were more clear!!

Pylon

So for being an EMT you get both a patch and a badge on the BDUs?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on September 03, 2008, 05:24:31 PM
So for being an EMT you get both a patch and a badge on the BDUs?

Not anymore you don't.  Patch was removed in the '05 revision.
Mike Johnston

IceNine

Before the badge was available, there was the patch.  once the badge was approved they took the patch out of 39-1.

I can only assume that the intention was for the patch to phase itself out, hoping that folks would stop looking after they found the badge.

The only patches that you could get in the first place were either state specific, or National Registry.  There wasn't every anything uniform, or CAP specific.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

arajca

Actually, there a alot of generic EMT patch designs available. Even more if you add Intermediates and Paramedics. I wore a generic EMT patch, not state (CO does not have one) or NREMT (wasn't NREMT certified).

Round. Triangle. Square. Rectangle. Hexagonal. Differnet border colors. Outlined/not outline Star of Life. Reflective/non-reflective. With or without lettering. Etc. Etc. Ad nauseum.

Slim

Quote from: IceNine on September 02, 2008, 06:39:31 PM
EMT Bagde- Basic
EMT Badge with Star- Intermediate
EMT Badge with Star/wreath- Paramedic

I know all systems are different so look at it like this.  If you could certify in those areas for National Registry then you can wear the appropriate badge

Have those been approved for wear?  I know this was proposed, and Vangard started cranking them out, but I don't ever remember seeing an ICL authorizing their wear.

Slim