Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 10:18:59 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Marketplace  |  Topic: CAPMart Catalog
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CAPMart Catalog  (Read 4724 times)
MIKE
Super Moderator

Unit: LANTAREA

« on: January 24, 2006, 10:59:47 PM »

Anyone have a link to the last CAPMart catalog?  Didn't someone say you needed the old catalog for the item numbers if you wanted to order stuff from Vanguard... At least until they finally get the CAP site rolling.
Mike Johnston
capchiro
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 08:46:28 AM »

Mike, Vanguard will send out the old CAPMart catalogues with the numbers in them to you upon request through e-mail.   I received 5 of them last week.  I would suggest getting some as who knows when they will publish their own, if ever, being on line and all.  Just go to the old CAPMart site and you will be directed to the Vanguard site and look for the e-mail address for contacting them.  I think the girl's name was Beth something that handled ours.  If you have a problem, let me know and I will get her e-mail address for you.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154
Pace
CAPTalk Moderator
Dark S'Member Lord

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:01:43 AM »

The CAP section is up on Vanguard.  Just go on there and get the numbers.

FYI-One of the things they're doing different than CrAPMart is Vanguard is offering Brig Gen and Maj Gen CAP insignia to anyone willing to pay for it (most of it anyway).
capchiro
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 12:06:28 PM »

Did I just miss it, or are they not stocking CAP distinctive items?  How about the Cadet notebooks, etc???
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154
Matt
Seasoned Member

Unit: GLR-WI-156

Wisconsin Wing
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 12:30:28 PM »

I don't believe that it is entirely together as of yet.  Reason I say that is there is no awards/ribbons.  If they don't stock that, Nat'l has made a very large mistake with that.  Plus, when push comes to shove -- HOCK SHOP!  ;)
Matthew Kopp, Capt, CAP
Deputy Director, Information Technology
Wisconsin Wing

"A Wing of Excellence"
MIKE
Super Moderator

Unit: LANTAREA

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 12:51:16 PM »

The CAP section is up on Vanguard.  Just go on there and get the numbers.

Sweet!  It wasn't up the other day.  Most of the stuff I wanted info on is up already.   :)

I don't believe that it is entirely together as of yet.  Reason I say that is there is no awards/ribbons.  If they don't stock that, Nat'l has made a very large mistake with that.  Plus, when push comes to shove -- HOCK SHOP!  ;)

I don't mind a lot of the stuff form the Hock... But I have not been satisfied with the cloth grade and specialty insignia so I prefer to order the Vanguard ones.  Civil Air Patrol and nametapes I order from www.1800nametape.com
Mike Johnston
Matt
Seasoned Member

Wisconsin Wing
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 03:50:36 PM »

Here's a humdinger:

I'm going to be placing an order, most likely with the Hock this coming week for the non-stocked items at the squadron.  One such item came from one of the cadets: Leather Name Tag.  Upon investing about 30 minutes worth of my company's time  ;D I discovered that Vanguard, nor the Hock stocks the patches.  However, there is a company: FlightBadge.com.  So, I sent them an email to find whether or not they could produce badges and the response was:

Hello,

We really want to do the CAP insignias, but they are enforcing their copyrights on the logos.  It could become a legal issue if we offer the insignias, sorry!!

Thanks for the interest,

Rob Rice
http://www.FlightBadge.com
FLIGHTBADGE.COM
Fax 573-774-6263

Any ideas as not to anger National Legal?

Matthew Kopp, Capt, CAP
Wisconsin Wing

"A Wing of Excellence"
SarDragon
Resident Philosopher
Unit: Gigawatts

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 04:30:53 PM »

Vanguard carries the laether name tag - item # CAP0955GA. It's the first item (no picture) in this list.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Matt
Seasoned Member

Wisconsin Wing
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 06:49:06 PM »

whoops... thank you much.

*E1*
How does one get their info on it though?

*E2*
It appears as though the site has undergone building over the day... hopefully the info will be able to be put in somewhere else... I'm still not liking the, "Ok, we bought you, but we have nothing ready to support where you left off" idea.  That's horse hockey.
Matthew Kopp, Capt, CAP
Wisconsin Wing

"A Wing of Excellence"
SarDragon
Resident Philosopher

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 07:25:42 PM »

I would suggest ordering by phone until the site fully supports entering custom information.

Let's give these folks a few weeks to get their support up and running before we start bashing. Y'all seem to want perfection out of the box and we all know that's not going to happen, so why not give them a chance to integrate the product line into their operation.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Matt
Seasoned Member

Wisconsin Wing
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 11:05:20 PM »

I'm all in for giving a chance, and they appear to be coming along quite smoothly.  They did add about 250 items to the site today.  I think it's kinda a bad marketing tactic to not have anything even remotely setup prior to taking CAPMart's site down. IMHO.
Matthew Kopp, Capt, CAP
Wisconsin Wing

"A Wing of Excellence"
SarDragon
Resident Philosopher

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »

I'm all in for giving a chance, and they appear to be coming along quite smoothly.  They did add about 250 items to the site today.  I think it's kinda a bad marketing tactic to not have anything even remotely setup prior to taking CAPMart's site down. IMHO.

That may have had more to do with NHQ's action, than Vanguard's.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 11:27:56 PM by SarDragon » Logged
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NY-408

I Help Non-Profits | Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 12:07:27 AM »

That may have had more to do with NHQ's action, than Vanguard's.

Yeah, I'd have to agree there.  It seems like Vanguard was tossed the hot potatoe by NHQ and it just landed in their lap suddenly, or so it would seem.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
F. R. Sussey Composite Squadron       
Pace
CAPTalk Moderator
Dark S'Member Lord

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 12:18:01 AM »

Reason I say that is there is no awards/ribbons.
Check again.  Awards are up now.  Still some stuff missing, but a definite improvement.
SarDragon
Resident Philosopher

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 04:11:27 AM »

It's getting better by the hour. I was on it at 2100, and again 15 min ago (2400) and it had changed.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Matt
Seasoned Member

Wisconsin Wing
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 11:02:14 AM »

Check again.  Awards are up now.  Still some stuff missing, but a definite improvement.

Yep... noticed that last night...  They appeared to have gotten about 250-300 items up yesterday... seems to be coming along at a nice fast pace...
Matthew Kopp, Capt, CAP
Wisconsin Wing

"A Wing of Excellence"
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NY-408

I Help Non-Profits | Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »

Yep... noticed that last night...  They appeared to have gotten about 250-300 items up yesterday... seems to be coming along at a nice fast pace...

Hopefully they'll fix some of the glaring spelling mistakes, awards errors, and photo errors as they go along.

Some things I noticed are:

• They keep referring to the CAPM 39-1 "uniform manuel"   :-X
  • Other spelling errors and descriptions that just cut short right in the middle of a sentence or word...
  • Several ribbons are photographed backwards
  • They refer to all ribbons as "Cadet ribbon" even for the Senior program awards
  • What's up with the horribly distored thumbnail images?  Not just in the CAP section but their entire e-store?  It's like nobody ever taught them proportionally reducing and cropping techniques.
  • They've got blazer combo items (black nameplate stuff mostly) under the Mess Dress section and mess dress items under the miscellaneous section.  Honor Guard patch under the Jacket section, too (that's an odd one).

Hopefully though these minor things will clear up as time moves on and they straighten out the e-store.  After all, they did get dumped the operation fairly suddenly.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
F. R. Sussey Composite Squadron       
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Marketplace  |  Topic: CAPMart Catalog