Main Menu

Complaints to National CC

Started by Senior, August 14, 2008, 10:02:08 PM

Capt Rivera

Quote from: FW on August 15, 2008, 04:18:58 PM
^Josh, I understand your point.  And, Gen Courter understands this well.  Although there are no longer "committees" , there are senior advisers and directors who are responsible for advising and recomending improvements to policies and programs for us all.  She has selected the best possible for the tasks at hand and, IMO, has full faith in their abilities.  Comments from the field are transfered to the appropriate staffer  (either paid or volunteer) for vetting.  The NB has been grouped into "Affinity Groups" to discuss agenda items before business meetings to further go over concerns and comments from the membership/advisors before making decisions.  
I'm very excited about this transparency and, am looking forward to the next 3 years.

FW thanks for the clarification concerning the disbanding of committees in favor of "senior advisers and directors". I also appreciate the transparency at that level and do look forward to the coming years. I am also confident that the people MG Courter has appointed/selected are the right people for the job.

Since they are the right people for the job, and they have posted a reg change for review and comment, I believe my comments should go to them, not Group then Wing then Region.

Can anyone tell me that those levels are REQUIRED to pass on everything and that EVERYTHING is tracked to ensure that it is? If not, how can we assure that someone thinking of the betterment of themselves instead of CAP wont filter comments to fit their needs, wants and desires?

I believe in the senior advisers and directors because our National Commander does. I am aware that not every person in every region, wing and group is self serving. I do believe that there are many arguments that will go unheard on topics that are open to discussion. Reasons: To self Serve, Ignorance of understanding of subject matter, too busy to care, lost original suggestion, forgot, etc...

Diversity of thought, which is caused by ones experiences is what moves an organization into continues growth and prosperity.

added*

The comments from the field may or may not be utilized by the staffers, advisers & directors. I'm concerned with how they get the comments from the field. Basically, when things are open for comment, I don't want to read the words "use your chain of command". I don't believe that to be truly "open".
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Capt Rivera

Quote from: FW on August 15, 2008, 02:04:05 PM
What is important, IMHO, is in being "professional" in attitude at all times.  It takes time to process the comments and the results might be different from what any 1 member may find acceptable.  Responsible individuals must make the final decisions and we all need to live with them.

I concur!
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Capt Rivera

Quote from: CC.MO40 on August 15, 2008, 04:32:50 PM
:-[  To begin, I am one of the several that created the stir and the resultant memorandum.  Unfortunately, the situation has resulted in my resignation as a Squadron Commander.  I sent an apology to our National Commander and do regret having copied her on several e-mails.  The situation that occurred while very serious in my opinion(a CPPT issue) was not viewed that away at the highest level.  I only copied her because she approached me in the halls with the issue at the National Board Meeting; assuring me that I was doing a great job and she would be assisting with a resolution to the problem. 

As a volunteer organization, we should have access to leadership.  Unfortunately, the military aspects of the "Chain of Command" seem to be the rule.

I will not comment further concerning this matter please do not speculate nor question.  I ask that this thread stop here!

Respectfully

The thread kinda shifted to a different topic anyway? Thanks for your post!
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander