Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 22, 2019, 02:33:36 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Forum Support  |  Topic: Forum Proposal: Split uniforms and Awards into two different boards
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Forum Proposal: Split uniforms and Awards into two different boards  (Read 2312 times)
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« on: July 20, 2008, 04:57:12 PM »

I would like to propose that we split the "uniforms and awards" sections into two different boards:

1) Uniforms Regulations & Answers
This would be a heavily moderated, "direct question / direct answer" board with the impetus on providing regulatory or other substantiated answers to questions members have about uniform configuration and wear.

Mods would lock threads that deviate from ask / answer format, with the only discussion allowed being if a specific citation is appropriate.

2) Uniform Discussions General
The free-for-all discussion board we have today where anything within the TOS is allowed.

I volunteer to mod the first one.
Report to moderator   Logged

whatevah
Administrator

my personal website, yo!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 05:47:11 PM »

I think it's fine as-is.  The search function works nicely for most things.  However, there might be a CAP-Talk Wiki coming in the future where the FAQ things could be listed.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin
MIKE
Super Moderator

Unit: LANTAREA

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »

However, there might be a CAP-Talk Wiki coming in the future where the FAQ things could be listed.

Don't get me started on the CS Wiki.
Mike Johnston
Nathan
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »

Unfortunately, the CS wiki seems to have some sort of fatal flaw in the system. It's a great idea, but the problem with the search can't seem to be fixed and has halted the ability for us to create any new articles.

If we came up with a purely CAP wiki that actually worked, I would be all for volunteering to write up a few hundred thousand articles.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.
356cadet
Recruit

SWR-AZ-220 Online
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:45 PM »

Getting back on track, hehe. Awards are part of the uniform, so why not keep them together, anyhow? It just would seem like a waste of memory space for CAPTalk.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:23:50 AM »

My proposal is to split this between just asking direct questions and the more "spirited", "why" discussions.

Anything that went more than 1 or 2 responses would be moved out of the direct one and into the discussion one.

Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Forum Support  |  Topic: Forum Proposal: Split uniforms and Awards into two different boards