Event empowers citizens to engage America's current House Speaker

Started by Capt Rivera, July 07, 2008, 01:41:57 AM

Capt Rivera

http://www.askthespeaker.org/

From the website:
QuoteWelcome to the Netroots Nation question submission page for the Saturday morning (July 19, 9:00am) keynote session "Ask The Speaker." The event empowers citizens to engage America's current House Speaker in substantive discussion about current issues, the legislative process, and how citizens can participate in their government. Instead of simply giving a speech at a podium, Speaker Pelosi will be taking your questions and interacting with convention attendees. The 9 a.m. keynote will be moderated by Gina Cooper, Netroots Nation's Executive Director, and Jeffrey Feldman, author and blogger. But it all begins right now, right here, when you submit your questions and vote on questions submitted by others.

Want to ask the Speaker a question? Our time with the Speaker will be brief, so to make the most of it we have created a system for gathering as many questions as possible from across the netroots. Want to submit a question? Here's what you do:

I think this is a good opportunity to try talking or asking about the things that matter to YOU! I'm guessing CAP will be one of them. I just got wind of this website and needed to share it with you all. [In other words I have not asked any questions yet].

I encourage anyone reading this to ask well worded questions and if you WANT to... Let CAPTALK know so we can support your question/suggestion etc.... 
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

mikeylikey

^ That is a purely Democratic Party Platform, lets pretend CAPTALK is a place where we can escape from the daily onslaught of Presidential Politics.  Just a suggestion, since so many other political issues on CAPTALK get locked.

What's up monkeys?

whatevah

While interesting, and something everybody in the country *should* take part in, this doesn't have anything to do with CAP...  sorry, but... Lock.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin