Main Menu

Approving a Transfer

Started by Phillip, June 30, 2008, 04:33:06 PM

Phillip

Now that transfers are handled through eServices, how does a Squadron Commander approve a transfer out of their squadron.  I have a transfer request pending my approval, but I can't seem to find where I approve it.  All I have found where to request a transfer though.
Captain

lordmonar

No....out going transfers are approved authomatically....no action required from the loosing commander.

He has the ability to disapprove the transfer.....if he has some heart burn over the move (such as the member is moving to avoid adverse action or some such as that).
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Pylon

Correct as lordmonar stated it.

The gaining unit commander is the one who puts the action into E-Services.  The transfer happens instantaneously.   The losing unit commander doesn't need to do anything, unless you plan to protest the transfer.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

This has not been my experience.

First, for clarity, a transfer must be initiated by the gaining commander - unit cc's may not transfer people out.

Second, the last time I did a transfer through eServices, I initiated the transfer, exited eServices, and then after some indeterminate interval, there was a transfer waiting for approval by me in my membership application area - the issue I had was that it did not display properly in Firefox, and I had to use IE to actually click to it (it was squished between two headers on the left, purple side.

I think this lack of the final step is what trips people up, I've got a couple of people right now hanging as pending in my units because the receiving CC didn't go back in and complete the transfer.

Unfortunately, I have no way to verify this practically.

As I recall, though, no action is required for the "losing" CC on a transfer initiated by another unit (unless they want to deny it).

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

I got IE....and as the loosing commander there is no way to "approve" and outbound transfer.  You can only reject it.

The transfer shows as pending but after a while (2 weeks or so) they get automatically approved and then disappear.

Phillip

I gotcha.  So to approve, all I do is sit back and do nothing.  I'd rather have a box to check to indicate my approval, but I guess this works too. :)
Captain

Eclipse

Yes, in either case time should take care of things.

In the last case I did one it was into the unit, and I had immediate business to take care of so I approved it when it showed up in my approval lists.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

There are actually two steps -

(1) Go ahead and enter the CAPID or name of member; hit the submit button and you've initiated the request for an approval.  This step does not transfer anyone; all you've done at this point is request an approval.

(2) There's a link on the left side of that page which reads something like "transfer search page". Go there and you'll find your approval waiting there. Click the box adjacent to the member's name; hit "approve" and you're done.

On this second page the incoming unit commander can approve or reject incoming members. The outgoing unit commander has 60 days to reject the transfer if she or he chooses to do so. 

If, on the 2nd page you see something like this:
You are logged into CAP, but are not listed as a CAP member. You may use the search feature to the left to search for transfers that you have access to. You have access to view and enter, but not approve transfers. If you require access to approve transfers, please contact support - -  you do not have permission to approve or reject transfers. Contact your web security administrator.

As stated, commanders or designees can only transfer members into your unit; they cannot be transferred out.

Hope this helps.

capchiro

I recently had a senior member that decided to start his own squadron and the next thing I knew was that 10 of my members were gone off of my roles at national.  I never had any notification or request for transfer or anything, they were just gone.  I am assuming that they are on his roles, but I don't know that for sure.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Does anyone know if I still have the opportunity to object to the transfers??  TIA.   
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

lordmonar

Well....it is also possible to just call Suzie Parker and have her make the changes in the system.  Also E-services does not notify by E-mail that someone is transfering out.  It does notify you that someone initiated a transfer in.

I think the logic behind this is that you as the loosing CC would know that they were transfering when they came and asked you for their records.

Camas

Quote from: capchiro on July 02, 2008, 04:16:28 PM
- - -  10 of my members were gone off of my roles at national.  I never had any notification or request for transfer or anything, they were just gone.  Does anyone know if I still have the opportunity to object to the transfers??   

Has it been within 60 days? I would think that you should have received a system-generated email from Nat'l advising you of these transfers. But as Lordmanor has pointed out that's probably not the case.

In any case, go into "members" then into the "transfer" menu. As stated in my previous post you'll want to click on the "transfer search page" link.  Hopefully you'll find a list of members trying to transfer out of your unit. All of them will now be members of the new unit but by clicking each of their names and hitting the "reject" button, those transfers will now be nullified. If you see no names at all, you're out of luck. Please let me know if this all helps; we're all still learning.

capchiro

Unfortunately, there are no members listed as trying to transfer out of my squadron.  This is all very strange and I guess will require a call to National to try to straighten this out.  This whole thing was done very backhanded and not in the right way as per regulations.   
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154