Main Menu

GES-Inactive

Started by brasda91, February 21, 2008, 03:09:49 AM

brasda91

I have some members that have just completed GES parts 1&2 and the 117 part 1 and for some reason their 101 card is showing GES-Inactive.  When I contacted my Wing ES Officer, he said he has seen some other members with that and they had to retake the tests to "clear out" the system.  Couple of my members completed the tests back last year.  One has retaken the tests and the 101 is still showing Inactive.  Anybody else seeing this problem?  How did you correct it?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

SJFedor

Confirm that their level 1 or curry has been entered into the OPS-ES system (MIMS) and has been validated. That's usually the most common cause.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Eclipse

Is KY WMU or eServices for ES quals?

WMU requires a form 100 be processed online for GES to go green.

eServices may be a CC approval issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

captrncap

I have also seen this with members who did not add the weight, height, eye color and hair color to their card in eServices.

Eclipse

Similar on the WMU, if the emergency contact info is blank, you can't get a 101.

"That Others May Zoom"

brasda91

Quote from: SJFedor on February 21, 2008, 03:14:52 AM
Confirm that their level 1 or curry has been entered into the OPS-ES system (MIMS) and has been validated. That's usually the most common cause.

one is well past Curry.  the other one is a FO that needs to finish level 1
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: Eclipse on February 21, 2008, 03:33:50 AM
Is KY WMU or eServices for ES quals?

WMU requires a form 100 be processed online for GES to go green.

eServices may be a CC approval issue.

eServices and I don't have any approvals waiting
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: captrncap on February 21, 2008, 03:50:18 AM
I have also seen this with members who did not add the weight, height, eye color and hair color to their card in eServices.

all that has been entered.  that has kept the picture from being displayed on another member.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

arajca

Quote from: brasda91 on February 21, 2008, 05:34:24 AM

The Curry issue is: Was it entered into Eservices? Many times, cadets don't get their Curry entered in a timely manner and only find out during such exercises as getting a valid CAPF 101. When I began entering such info, I had numerous cadets who, according to Eservices, were still basics. No one had entered their Curry and a couple had already received their Mitchell's. Once I put the info in and the commadner approved it, they could get a valid CAPF 101 online.

brasda91

Quote from: arajca on February 21, 2008, 05:58:25 AM

The Curry issue is: Was it entered into Eservices? Many times, cadets don't get their Curry entered in a timely manner and only find out during such exercises as getting a valid CAPF 101. When I began entering such info, I had numerous cadets who, according to Eservices, were still basics. No one had entered their Curry and a couple had already received their Mitchell's. Once I put the info in and the commadner approved it, they could get a valid CAPF 101 online.

thanks I'll check on it.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: arajca on February 21, 2008, 05:58:25 AM

I think maybe you're thinking of SIMS.  There is no where in eServices for me to enter the cadets grade or approve the grade.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Al Sayre

You need to enter the Curry info on the Cadet tab in Ops Quals.  It doesn't talk to eServices, so you could show a Spaatz award in eServices and still have GES inactive if the Curry wasn't entered in Ops Quals...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

jeders

As mentioned, Curry info has to be entered. As far as the FO, Level 1 has to be finished before you can even start ES training.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

brasda91

yeah, deputydog pm'd me with the info.  I didn't know that had to be done.  thanks for everyone's help.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011