Custom Patch Vendors

Started by Pylon, February 08, 2008, 04:35:51 PM

Pylon

I'm looking for recommendations on custom embroidery and patch vendors from those who have done a squadron or other custom patch before. Embroidery shops are about a dime a dozen, and there are literally thousands out there. Our squadron is getting ready to produce a first-run squadron patch. Artwork is complete, we just need to find and select a competitive, quality vendor.

By default, I will be including The Hock, Vanguard, and a local embroidery shop in the bidding process.

I'm hoping to narrow down about 6 vendors I am comfortable with to issue our Request for Quote. If you've had experience, positive or negative, please share (feel free to PM if you want). Thank you!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

LtCol White

www.patches4less.com

Does a good job. We have had a few squadrons use them. Fast, good prices, and quality work.

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

alamrcn

http://www.abemblem.com/
They make NASA's patches! I've used AB Emblem 5 times, and keep going back because of the quality, price, and service. I've recommended them to SEVERAL people, and those that have taken the suggestion have had great results.

http://www.aeroemblem.com/
Although I have not used them myself, I've seen lots of their product made for Civil Air Patrol and the product looks very nice. AeroEmblem also makes TONS of Air Force patches, probably more than any other one manufacturer.

I can't say this for sure, but I believe both companies have a state-side ability for manufacturing the patches. But like every company, they mostly send out to the Asian Pacific area.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

MikeD

Can anyone suggest a patch vendor for really low quantities, say about 20, preferably Velcro-backed?

IceNine

I use butlerpatches.com  I was VERY Happy, and others have cited similar situations on the "best of squadron patches" thread.

There is a high-res image of my patches there.

They turned out to be 1.69 per patch delivered. No setup, artwork fee's, etc.  Just no hassle patches.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: IceNine on April 02, 2009, 06:02:32 AM
I use butlerpatches.com  I was VERY Happy, and others have cited similar situations on the "best of squadron patches" thread.

They turned out to be 1.69 per patch delivered. No setup, artwork fee's, etc.  Just no hassle patches.

As a very recent customer of Butler, I'll gladly second this..
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

davidsinn

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on April 02, 2009, 11:00:10 AM
Quote from: IceNine on April 02, 2009, 06:02:32 AM

As a very recent customer of Butler, I'll gladly second this..

Do they have a minimum order?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

EMT-83

I believe it's 50 patches minimum.

I just ordered patches from Butler, and they returned a sample in a few days. I rejected the sample, and I'm waiting for an update. The scan of the original patch didn't show enough detail, so it wasn't their fault.

DC

Butler has pricing on their website for orders as small as ten pieces, but it's absurdly expensive at that point, like $12 per patch. Their prices are actually pretty good once you get up in a quantity a little.

Eclipse

Recent, still in progress Butler, work.

Other than the blue being a bit dark, they did a nice job, and the price is certainly right.

"That Others May Zoom"

alamrcn

Looks very nice... and about 3-1/2" x 4" in size?

I know it's not USAF blue or ultra-marine, but I like the dark navy - makes the yellow really pop, and would look good on the BDUs!

I looked around the Butler Patches website, and although I know of less-expensive venders - especially for 100% embroidery and a heat seal back - they do put out a quality product from the samples shown. There are many samples that have details some on this board would deam "impossible" to create. We've come along way in computerized loom technology.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

jpizzo127

We've ordered from:

http://www.americanpatch.com/

We were very happy with both their prices and their work.
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

Chappie

Quote from: LtCol White on February 08, 2008, 05:20:21 PM
www.patches4less.com

Does a good job. We have had a few squadrons use them. Fast, good prices, and quality work.

Just used them for our Chaplain Corps Region Staff College....no complaints.  Agrees with the above assessment.  :clap:
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)