How to locate/look up SQTR Fam/prep tasks and adv training tasks

Started by mynetdude, February 08, 2008, 01:07:57 AM

mynetdude

How do I find/look up SQTR tasks? Say I want to find tasks for the Liasion Ofifcer SQTR or for the Information Officer, etc... I vaguely remember how to look all this up its been 6 months before I really trained in new tasks and/or people have just been handing me tasks left and right lol :( (even without asking)

Eclipse

Is your wing eservices or the WMU?

The other way is to download the tasking guides from here: https://ntc.cap.af.mil/es/sqtrs/sqtrs.cfm

"That Others May Zoom"

mynetdude

Probably EServices, I know how to find the SQTRs specifically but I'm talking about the task guides. In specific, I know how to find the SQTR tasks for each duty position in both WMU and EServices but I'm not sure how to locate that specific task description or guide so I guess that link would work :)

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

mynetdude

Quote from: SarDragon on February 08, 2008, 02:19:51 AM
GT/UDF stuff

Mission Base Staff stuff

Aircrew/Flightline stuff is MIA for the moment.

I still didn't find exactly what I was looking for, though these are great links and I thought this link would get me to the guides on the actual task reading... I can get the same information from EServices/WMU as was available in the PDFs.

What I'm looking for is when the SQTR guide says:

Complete Task P-0101 Demonstrate the ability to keep a log <---- where do you find the information HOW to do this? I need to complete my tasks for being an LO

Pace

Quote from: mynetdude on February 08, 2008, 04:11:53 AM
GT/UDF stuff

Mission Base Staff stuff

I still didn't find exactly what I was looking for, though these are great links and I thought this link would get me to the guides on the actual task reading... I can get the same information from EServices/WMU as was available in the PDFs.

Complete Task P-0101 Demonstrate the ability to keep a log <---- where do you find the information HOW to do this? I need to complete my tasks for being an LO
Those links have the task guides which have the information you're seeking:
Ground & Urban DF Team Task Guide
Mission Base Staff Task Guide
Bob already linked to the Aircrew and Flightline Task Guide.
Lt Col, CAP

mynetdude

Quote from: dcpacemaker on February 08, 2008, 04:16:27 AM
Quote from: mynetdude on February 08, 2008, 04:11:53 AM
GT/UDF stuff

Mission Base Staff stuff

Those links have the task guides which have the information you're seeking:
Ground & Urban DF Team Task Guide
Mission Base Staff Task Guide
Bob already linked to the Aircrew and Flightline Task Guide.

Saw the Aircrew/Flightline had some task guides... thanks again

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Eclipse

Inside each task guide you will find the detail about each task, and then an objective list of "performance measures" you need to perform to a qualified SET's satisfaction.

A small number of tasks go across more than one qualification, "KEEP A LOG" is a good example - when its signed off in one place, its signed off on any other rating that needs it - likewise for re-currency.

The SQTRs are located in the back of the tasking guide (however as noted above, there are more recent versions), and a respective task's "performance measures" are located on the last page of the task itself as described within the document.

P-0101 for Example:

SQTR:
"KEEP A LOG" (somewhat vague)

Performance measures:

For each of the 10 events/actions, the student:
          1. Logs the time and event
          2. Writes legibly and completely

OK, that's better, but "events / actions"?

Within the text describing the task, there is a distinction of three different "classes" of
this task - Ground, Air, and Base Staff.  Obviously the kinds of things you will actually
"log" will be different depending on which of the above your qualification falls into.

Since a Liaison Officer is base staff, lets look at those:

FOR MISSION BASE STAFF OPERATIONS
a. Time/date unit or log started or activated.
b. Name of unit, supervisor, and individual keeping the log.
c. Notes from initial briefing.
d. Time and noted from staff meetings.
e. Significant events, actions taken, direction received or provided.

4. For each log entry, the log keeper writes down:
a. The time.
b. The event taking place (see list above)
c. Mileage and/or location as appropriate.
d. Name of individual annotating the log each time there is a change.

So, in the best case, an LO-T would be shadowing a qualified LO and keeping
either the actual log (supervised), or a parallel document for their own training,
and the above required entries should be time stamped, legible, and reasonably
accurate to the subjective assessment of the SET before you.

The other tasks work the same way - some are 100% hands-on, "show me"
because of their nature and importance to a person's safety and the mission,
"USE A COMPASS", for example, is critical to our operations and safety, so expect
to have to really know how to use it, and related terminology, etc.

"WORK WITH CANINE TEAMS" is the other side - this task is basically "stay away from
the dogs and listen to the handler".  So that might just be some discussion for tasking,
especially since CAP doesn't necessarily have regular contact with dog teams in all areas.

"SET UP A HELICOPTER LANDING ZONE" Falls into the middle of this - its important and
has a lot of safety issues to be aware of, but most units don't have a helicopter handy to
"play" with, so this one will likely be done for "real", but without the helicopter.

You can extrapolate the idea from there.

"That Others May Zoom"

flyguy06

Quote from: mynetdude on February 08, 2008, 01:07:57 AM
How do I find/look up SQTR tasks? Say I want to find tasks for the Liasion Ofifcer SQTR or for the Information Officer, etc... I vaguely remember how to look all this up its been 6 months before I really trained in new tasks and/or people have just been handing me tasks left and right lol :( (even without asking)

None of this is correct. just go to CAP.gov then go to members, then go to operations.

Scroll down and you will see the link to SQTR's. it has all of them
https://ntc.cap.af.mil/es/sqtrs/sqtrs.cfm

Pace

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 09, 2008, 12:31:07 AM
None of this is correct
Take a quick look at mynetdude's second post in this thread. :)
Lt Col, CAP

mynetdude

Like I said, I knew where to find the SQTRs itself... what I couldn't find were the task guide/descriptions.  But, anyway now there is a myraid of links... *sends head into monitor*

I'm sorry I'm kinda dumb, but it would be easier if the task description/guides were also located at the same link with the SQTRs or another link under it whatever... anyway my head hurts from all this :)

Pace

You're not the first, and you certainly won't be the last.  NHQ's webpage is poorly mapped out, and some key items (like the task guides) can be difficult to find.
Lt Col, CAP

mynetdude

Quote from: dcpacemaker on February 09, 2008, 02:10:23 AM
You're not the first, and you certainly won't be the last.  NHQ's webpage is poorly mapped out, and some key items (like the task guides) can be difficult to find.

Thanks for the reassurance... I know... I've been told I'm not the first and won't be the last... so I'll just hop on the bandwagon and follow the crowd with you :)

I do appreciate the help, so thanks again :)

Eclipse

None of this is correct. just go to CAP.gov then go to members, then go to operations.

None of what is correct?

I gave him the exact same link you did, and the aircrew link, and a detailed description of how to find the actual performance measures.

What's left and what's not correct?

"That Others May Zoom"

flyguy06

Quote from: mynetdude on February 09, 2008, 01:46:11 AM
Like I said, I knew where to find the SQTRs itself... what I couldn't find were the task guide/descriptions.  But, anyway now there is a myraid of links... *sends head into monitor*

I'm sorry I'm kinda dumb, but it would be easier if the task description/guides were also located at the same link with the SQTRs or another link under it whatever... anyway my head hurts from all this :)

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. I am looking for the same informaion you are. The descriotions of the different jobs

flyguy06

Quote from: Eclipse on February 09, 2008, 03:58:37 AM

None of what is correct?

I gave him the exact same link you did, and the aircrew link, and a detailed description of how to find the actual performance measures.

What's left and what's not correct?

Geeeez. nevermind. I mispoke. Can we please not a big issue about one sentence I made? I'm sorry ok?

Pace

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 09, 2008, 04:19:01 AM
[Geeeez. nevermind. I mispoke. Can we please not a big issue about one sentence I made? I'm sorry ok?
In all fairness, you did make a very bold statement that everyone else's advice was incorrect without first truly understanding the question you were attempting to answer.
Lt Col, CAP

mynetdude

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 09, 2008, 04:17:34 AM
Quote from: mynetdude on February 09, 2008, 01:46:11 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. I am looking for the same informaion you are. The descriotions of the different jobs

Well descriptions of different jobs is alittle different than the descriptions of the TASKS.

I know what you are looking for you, want to know the responsibilities/jobs of the IO/LO/MSA/MO/MS etc right? Well what I am looking for is the TASK descriptions like C-2000 working with external agencies in support of the incident as an LO.