National Response Framework

Started by isuhawkeye, January 24, 2008, 12:23:43 AM

Tubacap

BTY, thanks for this discussion, it is interesting to note that the INS designation is no longer available, as this declaration is the area that most people point to in the Hurricane Katrina debacle as the point where things didn't hapen correctly.

An interesting note, I think the vast majority of our missions do not involve aircraft in PA.  We do a lot of missing person searches as per a MOU with the Pennsylvania Search and Rescue Council.  I have some time this upcoming weekend, I think I will be readin gthe NRF more carfefully as it seems to be a major philisophical shift in the way of doing business.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

flyerthom

Quote from: isuhawkeye on February 03, 2008, 02:26:47 AM
read the Search And Rescue supplement.  They break SAR down between 4 entities

Fir Force (Only Aviation Centered missions)

Um, wouldn't the fir force be the Park Service?   >:D

Thanks for the links, an interesting read.
TC

flyerthom

Quote from: RiverAux on February 03, 2008, 07:39:47 PM
Then why did they even bother including wilderness SAR in it?  I can't think of any possible wilderness SAR situation that would ever be an incident of national significance. 

Button - missing weapons

Steve Fosset

JFK jr.
TC

RiverAux

None of these were wilderness SAR situations.  Those were aviation SAR as far as the NRF goes. 

Tubacap

FYI
http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/IS800b.asp

Just started through this.  Definitely not a replacement for reading the document, but a good brain refresher as well as update.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Dustoff

Quote from: isuhawkeye on February 03, 2008, 02:26:47 AM
read the Search And Rescue supplement.  They break SAR down between 4 entities

FEMA (All USAR functions)
Coast Guard (Anything involving water, flooding, etc)
Department of the Interior (All wilderness)
Fir Force (Only Aviation Centered missions)

As I read things the Air force takes a big mission cut

And all this time I thought that those arrow-shaped pointy things were jet aircraft.  Turns out they were only pine trees, flying thorugh the air.  Guess I really did have a career in forestry............... :o
Jim